Ordered an intake

so i ordered an Injen IS Series Intake System and i got it offline obviously...im expecting to get it by friday..or least least hope-ing so i dont have to wait for after the holiday..is it difficult to install? or should i be fine doing it by myself?

any tips on the process would be great, but im taking its not going to be extremely difficult

thanks in advance

little more involved in the 7th gens. im sure youl be fine though. bunch of 10mm bolts holding the various intake boxes on , throttle body box , big bastard box on top of tranny , and the little pipe comming off. theres a wiring loom attached to the pipe. carefully pull your IAT sensor out of the stock air box over the throttle body. vacuum hose on valve cover. theres a clamp holding the rubber of the throttle body box to the throttle body. whip it all out till you see throttle body. stick pipe on , stick filter on pipe , lol , and away you go. make sure its all tight , no leaks. you dont want a case of the squeakys , lol.

ya its a short ram...i was reading through posts on here before i ordered it and it said cold air was for more power on the higher rpm, but i need lower, so i went with this....

thanks for the run-through cranny.......a little more complicated then i thought, but im sure sport compact will send good directions, or ill just follow yours

• 2 weeks later...

not that anyone cares...my intake still hasnt shipped from sportcompactonly.com and i ordered it last week tuesday? i called twice but havnt gotten an answer and i left a message on there thing where it said you could

• 2 weeks later...

AEM Intake

While we're on the topic of intakes can anyone tell me what they think of this one? any good or bad about it?

its around 60 dollars more than the other cold air intake i was thinking about getting, also AEM. Any input?

I've had cheapass eBay short rams, eBay intakes with proper filters, and a PWJDM one. Hands down the PWJDM was the best -- kinda wish I had held onto it instead of selling it to EH6TD.

^^ Best as far as looks maybe. Dyno tests show that it's not the best on performance. It's actually kind of peaky because of the larger design. 3" ITR AEM Intake showed the best results by far and can be made to fit about any B series besides the GSR with just a little work.

Any idea where i can get a good price on the ITR AEM intake? I got the GOOD news this morning. My aunt (guardian) is allowing me to take another student loan. Get ready for some pics in the next few weeks, as well as some advising.