Cold air intake help

quake

Ok....I know you guys get a lot of intake questions so please forgive me for asking this one.....I just bought an AEM cold air intake for my 96 civic ex. I installed it but I couldn't seem to find the air control valve vacuum line that's supposed to mount in between the air temp sensor and the breather hose......I mean......does my car even have a air control valve vacuum line? I looked everywhere in the cluster of hoses by the air intake and I didn't find it. Oh....and another quick question.......after I installed this intake, does my ecu need to be adjusted to compensate for the new fuel/air mixtures.....or does it do that automatically?

don't know about the vacuum line, but the car will adjust. It will continue to do so for minor alterations to the car up to a certain point where you start to function out of spec for what the ecu was preprogrammed for.

well.....I got the airflow sensor attached ok.......but i'm still trying to find out about the vacuum line........maybe i'll post some pics....

right right right, so the line and the sensor has to be at a serton spot with a mid flow and the vacuum line has to be in the same area to tell the computer to add fuel or air or it wont work right and become a mess.

I would say about 3" after the MAS

But all I can see in the hose cluster is a MAS and a breather hose..........I think that my vacuum hose might be attached to the throttle body.....but I'm not really sure. Is that even a possibility?

Yeah.....it's an AEM cold air intake model #21-414..........it's a complete one piece cold air intake and not a short ram.

Not sure what's going on with the hoses and holes and MAS and all that. Post pictures pointing at the problem and we'll be able to tell ya easily.

Pull your ECU fuse in the underhood box for about a minute and step on the brakes a couple times when you do it. When you put it back in it'll reset your ECU.

You dont have a MAS, you have a MAP. It should be connected to your throttle body.

You should have an IAT that goes into the intake arm, and a breather hose from your valvecover to the intake arm. Thats all there is to it.

I had no problem putting it on........I just wanted to make sure I did it right......

Technically, he could have secured the intake arm on there but left the breather hose disconnected and left the hole in his intake unplugged. That would run fine but not as well as it was supposed to. Same with not resetting the ECU.

I made sure I got the breather hose on there.....but it kept talking about some sorta vacuum hose that I couldn't find.......lol....oh well......it seems to be running fine. At least all the ports have some sort of sensor or hose going into them. I just need to reset the ECU now.

god I hope so.....lol.....with my luck I'll end up sucking a bird into the intake manifold.........

I saw a picture of some idiot who left the filter off their CAI once and sucked up a squirrel......

Archived