Somebody tuck my car now. =P

incorrect. the larger wheels usually weigh more, therefore the rolling mass is greater for the engine to try and turn. 1 additional pound on the wheel has an effect of like 100 pounds of weight for the rest of the car.

If you really want to I can find the article about a pro shop that ran dyno tests that confirm this. The test car was a d15 civic and after changing the 13's to 17's the guy lost near 10% power, from 105 to 95, and 3-5 mpg

the other issue is the location of the weight itself. Even if the wheels weighed exactly the same the larger wheel will rob the car of more power due to the weight being further out from the hub. I'm not sure of the physics on that, I didn't pay that close of attention all those years ago in high school. This is also a dyno proven issue, although the effects in this case are much less pronounced then the total weight issues. This is to the tune of a couple hp loss and a minor variance in fuel mileage.

I like these wheels. If I got a smaller size rim, it would be the same rim. I'm not spending money on that right now, When I have money to blow sure why not. I am going with a lip kit. And thanks for the Photoshop pics, makes my car look sex in my opinion. That's all that matters.>_<

Archived