cracked head or even head gasket?

spike10197

I wouldn't mind helping you dude ! I will be out there in two weeks.Going to twenty nine palms that weekend .If you could wait that long .All your doing is a head gasket ?no head work ?

Do you have all the parts ? ...And what about tools ?

well idk if it is a head gasket. but i will get the parts.

i dont have tools. im new to cars so im trying to get toold

Socket sets..wrenches..feeler gauges..all sorts of stuff dude. Just put away money and get your parts and tools before you do anything else, obviously.

yeah no kidding

but you gotta rember im not so rich.

i hardly go anywhere.

i really cant go anywhere.

my new trasprotation is my bike.

so far i have money for the head gasket set and money for someone that is good at working on cars to help me.

ideally what do you need for for a minimum tool set for head gasket? I think the list is pretty short really...

1/2 drive torque wrench

1/2 drive metric socket set 10-19mm

1/2 drive breaker bar (head bolts are a pain with only a 1/2 drive ratchet)

assorted pliers and screw drivers

something to scrape the old gasket material off

am I missing anything guys?

we have a cheap tool place here called Harbor Freight. Everything is made in Asia and 1/2 the quality you would get elsewhere, but the items are 1/4 the price for most things and suit the car repairman on a serious budget pretty well. I think you could buy everything listed above for less then $100 from them. Probably more like 60-70...

I'd make sure to get some deep sockets in the various sizes and some extensions, since you'll deffo need them later. You prolly don't need 1/2" for everything there but it can't hurt.

We have Harbor Freight out our way too. Great prices but mediocre quality for sure. The joke is that no matter what you buy from there it will eventually just be used as a hammer.

Edit: I'd also add to the things to get a valve cover gasket set (or at least some liquid gasket) and some radiator fluid to replace what you'll prolly pour out in the process. If you want to cover all your bases.

ideally what do you need for for a minimum tool set for head gasket? I think the list is pretty short really...

1/2 drive torque wrench

1/2 drive metric socket set 10-19mm

1/2 drive breaker bar (head bolts are a pain with only a 1/2 drive ratchet)

assorted pliers and screw drivers

something to scrape the old gasket material off

am I missing anything guys?

we have a cheap tool place here called Harbor Freight. Everything is made in Asia and 1/2 the quality you would get elsewhere, but the items are 1/4 the price for most things and suit the car repairman on a serious budget pretty well. I think you could buy everything listed above for less then $100 from them. Probably more like 60-70...

Harbor Freight=the shiat!

Lifetime on all pittsburg tools.

3/8 is fine.

10 12 14 17mm sockets deep.

No breaker bar needed.

Flathead screwdriver (adjust the valves and carefully scrape away debris while u r at it)

Change the timing belt and water pump (optional but recommended)

Harbor Freight=the shiat!

Lifetime on all pittsburg tools.

3/8 is fine.

10 12 14 17mm sockets deep.

No breaker bar needed.

Flathead screwdriver (adjust the valves and carefully scrape away debris while u r at it)

Change the timing belt and water pump (optional but recommended)

do u think u can help me man? you live pretty close.

i drove out there once.

Archived