• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With more power, longer gears are very important -- unless you just like spinning the tires and not going anywhere.

With stock power, longer gears will just bog the car down. So you would want 4.4-4.5 or higher in our motors. But once you boost it and get serious power, you'll gain more mph for each gear, spool earlier because of the load, and spin a little less. This is why Supra's dominate on the highway. (3.25 FD)

I am going to disregard the stupidity here and say what I was thinking when I first read the response to my question.

SolLes, that gearing/FD thing makes sense. When I think about it I knew that, since you were talking about a 4.5 FD and then moved up to a 4.9 so that you could get shorter gearing.

I think I agree with Dan that a H22 with an ITR trans would be nice. But wouldn't H2Bs be better for people that start off with a B series as a base? Otherwise why not swap in the right motor/trans combination from the start? Going from D to H2B makes less sense to me than just going K now that I think about it, so in that way I agree with what civic cee exx was saying earlier. If you got a B though I say H2B all the way unless you got more money than most of us.

Archived