• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just so you all know..it goes from 20-40 so quick b/c hes spinning tire. pretty sweet though.

Not something you'd have to worry about, eh?

how about a turbo H23 block/H22 Head w/ ITR trans, driveshaft shop race axles, and the quartersports drag H2B adapter plate.

that would run 9's in a gutted EF w/ a solid ass rear end on mickey tompson slicks lol....that'd be sick.

i don't see why it would be bad, obviously i'd have it sleeved if i was boosting....but it's just the H-series version of lsvtec, all you need is vtec timing belt/water pump/oil pump/ distributer/external oil line and fittings/ecu.....i don't see why it wouldn't be any worse than a lsvtec set-up.

The H23 has the same torque as the H22, it just makes it a little earlier. You'll have some more off-boost torque.

Nearly full interior H23/22 BB2's have run the 1/4 in the 10's with a T66 on 14psi. They're fast.

The B-series transmission swap is sort of a dead-end. So you get a slightly better final drive. Once you start upgrading that motor, you'll just spin the gears and shift every two seconds. This is why high-powered SR20's get their asses handed to them in every highway race (4.2 FD) and Supra's don't (3.25 FD).

Since you'll be shoehorning the H22 into the tiny Sol, I think you'll have enough power where you can take advantage of the longer FD. Once you start upgrading, you'll really appreciate it. Whatever else you decide to do is up to you.

H series trans sucks though.

Horrible trans.

I figured you'd say something like that.

The M2A4 and Y80 are almost identical. The M2 actually has a slightly shorter 1st and 5th gear, neither of which is really a problem.

Stop whining all the time.. maybe you'll catch some useful advice.

Pyro -- You can bolt up the Prelude S (2.2L Non-VTEC) which has a 4.066 FD.

Dude, listen to me.

H series trans don't have anywhere near the same type of feel a B series trans does IMO. Just replacing the trans was the best thing most H owners have ever done.

H series trans has limited aftermarket support, and sucks.

I would rather do H2D than H straight up.

Most of that is in the clutch, which will be replaced anyway.

What aftermarket support do you need? There are plenty of companies out there that make performance H-series clutches. Some even make shorter FD's. (4.785 and 5.2 something)

The H2D actually wouldn't be that bad. One of 'em has a 3.76 FD which would be perfect for a high powered H22/3-T.

I'd want the B series trans or a short geared D over the M2B4 trans.

Only thing the H trans has is LSD.

H series doesn't use actual shift linkage... right? I know there is something different about the shifting.

Archived