• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, no.

Even though you'll spend more on the k24, it'll still come out on top. I promise you.

And, if it were me, and I had the money, I'd LOVE that six speed transmission moreso than having the inferior b16 tranny.

Edit -- not to mention if I'm gonna' spend about a grand (which I've heard is the norm) for an h2b setup, then..well.

HO-LEE-KRAHPP

that thing was fast

like airjordan said, he went from 20-40 in literally a half second.

H2B is my new favorite swap. I'm gonna tell my friend to do it in his Accord.

Murph, weren't you planning to do this when you got the EF hatch?

Dude that K20A is probably modded like nuts. The H2B in the OP is bone stock.

Don't get me wrong, its damn fast. But it probably needed a lot to get to the point its at.

Trannies don't add power, you're right. But they make a helluva difference. Ask Dan (90).

whatever, i'm not arguing it.

LMFAO RIGHT.

STOCK swapped k20 eg's run an AVERAGE of 13.4's on the type s ecu. faster on k-pro, and much faster than that even with the type s ecu if you can handle the wheelspin.

That k isn't modded hard at all. A friend of mine ran 12.9's on his with nothing more than a catback.

Oookay. But, like I said. I'm not gonna waste a grand just so I can adapt a crapty transmission to an already strong motor. If I'm gonna blow an extra grand I'm gonna' do it right and get something that's already got a nice tranny setup, makes a lot of power, and is an overall killer swap. That being k20 or k24. Sure the h22 might be strong and all, but uh.. That acceleration sure was different from the one I posted. And the one I posted was in a hatch which I KNOW is lighter than a Sol. I mean I'm not KNOCKING it or anything.. But, I'd just prefer the k.

Compared to the k-series 6-speed tranny it's just inferior. Period.

Not to mention, driving @ 80 miles an hour on the interstate sitting at about 5K or so (can't remember, haven't had that hatch in a long time..Yes, I've owned a b16 tranny'd ITR swapped Civic CX hatch).. It's quite uncomfortable. Just, crapty.

Archived