KYB or Tokico

I was wondering if any of you have ever used the KYB GR2 Shocks/struts. I was leaning towards some Tokico HP struts for my '97 Accord, but I just found a set of new in-the-box KYB GR2's on ebay for $199.00. I wanted to see if any of you have any experience with this brand? Worth it or not?

Thanks in advance for any input

I heard nothing but good stuff out of Konis. I wouldn't mind having a pair of my own, but I had to save money somewhere, and KYBs aren't bad IMO. They ride very well in my car as well as my friend's car.

i heard tokicos ride like sh*t. i had koni yellow adjustables on my 96-97 accord and it rode so smooth. i only had it on my car for 2 weeks and sold it b/c i wrecked my car.

um... i gotta put my .02 cents in this... like you said *YOU HEARD* they ride like sh*t AND the ride varies on the DROP of the car so get your FACTS straight!

i had tokico's in my car with the ground-control set-up and it was smooth... and havent HEARD any complaints about this...

personally

i would'nt waste so much money on just shocks that cost around $500-600 like koni's unless you "got the hook-up"... for that save up $200-300 more and get the REAL DEAL FULL BODY SUSPENSION ... TEIN'S!!! you'll never regret it!

as for the kyb's... i drove my friends civic HB with H&R springs and kyb's and it rides "snug" great on the curves, lil bouncy but not to an extent...$199 is a good price... but remember eBay always gets you with shipping... so in fact you might just be paying the same as if you would buy it at the shop

good luck

Archived