Need some advice on finding struts and camber kits

Hey all,

I went to a local performance shop in my neighborhood and looked into getting some new struts to go along with the eibach pro-kit I bought to lower my Accord. The recomendation for struts was Bilstein all around--at $109.00 a pop. That I expected, but I almost blew a gasket when the shop owner told me that the camber kits were $100.00 per wheel.

So, I need some information from you all before making any decisions. I already asked this before in another thread, but I just wanted to reassure myself--so please forgive the repeat. Since I am only dropping the car 1.2" from stock, is there:

1. Any need for me to go through the added expense ($400.00) for the camber kits for a 1.2" drop on a 1997 Accord?

2. Are there any links that you all can provide for me to read up on the camber specs for my year, make, model Accord?

3. Any suggestions for cheaper struts?

4. Where can I find some good deals on the Internet for this stuff?

Thanks for the help so far--this is a great forum!

1997 Honda Accord Ex -- coupe

Nakayama Air Intake

17" Rims

kumho ecsta 712 tires

I don't think you will need a camber kit, even with your 17" tires. A 1.2" drop isn't gigantic, but I am speaking from my 15" wheels, and soon-to-be 2.6" front end drop. If I had larger tires I would have to get a camber kit.

If you DO need a camber kit, you will probably only need the front end cambered. A Skunk2 kit would work well, I've heard glowing reports of them.

How much clearance do you have right now, btw?

Thanks for the advice Darksaint!

But I just checked up on the Skunk2 camber kits and it seems that they only make those for Integras and Civics/DelSols. I think this is why these things are going to cost me more dinero in the long run. The industry seems to think "Who the hell wants to lower an Accord anyway?" Everything I see out there as far as mods go seem to be tailored for the Civic crowd.

Anybody out there ever lower an Accord? If so please send help...

Archived