'98 Odyssey rear door leaks

I have a 1998 Odyssey and some how it's getting moisture in the area at the back where the rear set folds down into the floor. I can't figure out how it's getting in there, the door seal is perfect, and I checked the rear window washer and it's not causing it. Has anyone experienced this problem before? And what caused it? I bought this van new and it just started this in the last 8 or 9 months. It's making it smell very musty in there! :help: :help: :help: :help:

I have a 1998 Odyssey and some how it's getting moisture in the area at the back where the rear set folds down into the floor. I can't figure out how it's getting in there, the door seal is perfect, and I checked the rear window washer and it's not causing it. Has anyone experienced this problem before? And what caused it? I bought this van new and it just started this in the last 8 or 9 months. It's making it smell very musty in there! :help: :help: :help: :help:

is it an EX? sunroof? did you check the tailgate seal? Water leaks suck to pinpoint....

is it an EX? sunroof? did you check the tailgate seal? Water leaks suck to pinpoint....

No it's just an LX (no sunroof), and that door seal looks like a brand new one. I don't find any moisture on the roof or the sides anywhere at all. And it seems like it only happens when the seat is folded down. We never notice it until we pull up the seat.

No it's just an LX (no sunroof), and that door seal looks like a brand new one. I don't find any moisture on the roof or the sides anywhere at all. And it seems like it only happens when the seat is folded down. We never notice it until we pull up the seat.

that blows... No service bulletins on it... is it more after you drive or after ir rains?

Will it do it in a carwash?

that blows... No service bulletins on it... is it more after you drive or after ir rains?

I haven't tracked it down to specifically when it happens, I need to take it to the carwash and see if that causes it. The car needs to be washed anyway. :D

I hand washed it last night with a garden hose and it's still dry. I guess I'll have to try the car wash next and see what that does.

Archived