Tire Sizes...

BelowC

hey all...this is my first post...been following just shortly it started...my question is....i have a 2001 integra gsr and im getting wheels for my car...currently the wheels im looking at are 18"x8.5 in the rear and front. and i have no idea what size tires to get (i.e. 245/55) and so fourth. So my question is what size tires should i get if i want maximum performance and how wide should i go in the front and rear...thanks in advance...

-Kay

my question is what size tires should i get if i want maximum performance

ok, you want maximum performance, yet you want 18x8.5 wheels?

stupid.

get yourself some 15x6.5 wheels, throw on these tires, and you will have a kick ass setup. 18s are gay, don't be a riceboy.

here are some wheels to look at. very lightweight, very strong, very cheap, each come in many colors.

http://www.machiii.net/machiii/html/Rota_wheels.html

i think he meant that he wanted the wheels/tires that are good all around. he never said he wanted to race on 18's, just that he wanted them to perform well.

on a teg you should probably get 17's. look good, especially when lowered, and wont kill your perfomance as much. but if you truly want to go performance the get 16's since 15's just look plain stupid.

• 2 months later...

ok, so what about 17" volks? depending on what you get, they'll weigh as low as 11.5 lbs... up to about 16.5 lbs, if i remember correctly... I was looking at the 11.5 lb 17's for my '89 civ, will prob. need to roll the fenders though to keep from rubbing, and they are only 7" wide...

its safe to go 2" higher than your stock size rims. so if your stocks are 15, you can get 16s or 17s. 18s aren't too safe for daily driving but you can still drive on 18s.. 19s on your gsr should just be for shows

• 7 months later...

I personally would go with 16" or 17". 18's may look nice, but you're losing ride comfort. When you upgrade to a larger wheel size, you need to go lower profile to keep the overall diameter close to stock. So your tires would have less cushion & sidewall flex. 18" rims are also more likely to bend when you hit a pothole. Nevermind the price difference in the original purchase and in the price of replacement tires. If you have the money to burn and are more concerned with looks than performance, go ahead and get 18". I have an Integra and I'm going to upgrade soon, but probably just 16".

Archived