Engine Pics

CleanGSR

I realized today that I've never posted engine pics of my car on here. I figured I'd post them up since the look will be changing soon. Took these after washing the car tonight.

This spring I'm going to be painting the valve cover gold, black spark plug cover, ITR strut bar, and painting the AEM CAI gold to match the valve cover. Still trying to figure out what to do about the stickers on the intake.

Engine1small.jpg

Engine2small.jpg

Engine3small.jpg

MACROS

Engine4small.jpg

Engine5small.jpg

Engine6small.jpg

Engine7small.jpg

Engine8small.jpg

Let me know what you think and which of the macros you like/dislike.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sharp , new razor and patience hung , you can tape off the whole sticker , and trace around it with a razor. make sure you rub the masking tape down good and even , you wont get any bleeds ever.

Thanks. I'll just make sure to be really meticulous (I always am anyway) and double check the tape before I start spraying. My other concern is being able to get good sanding that close to the sticker, but I'm sure all it will take is patience.

hand sand it. match edge of paper with tape. i know youl be fine anyways. i can tell by looking at your car you wont accept anything but clean as a whistle so , lol. pretty excited , not jacking thread , just heard tonite , lol , buddy a mine im his mechanice , he got a 94 civic Dx hatch for a winter beater , fukin thing is mint underneath , rust on quarters in usual spot. i always hook him up , labor cost wise , hes gonna give it to me when hes done with it , lol , sweet. finally somin i can play with B series engines with , and my favorite price , free.

Did you end up disconnecting stuff and taking it out to clean it all or just use a scrub brush at some weird angles?

My friend took everything out of his engine bay that wasn't engine and cleaned it all really thoroughly and the results were amazing on his 85 rx7. Not show quality perhaps but almost like yours.

Did you end up disconnecting stuff and taking it out to clean it all or just use a scrub brush at some weird angles?

My friend took everything out of his engine bay that wasn't engine and cleaned it all really thoroughly and the results were amazing on his 85 rx7. Not show quality perhaps but almost like yours.

Mine's not show quality and you could find dust in there if you saw it in person. Only in the really low parts though. I'll clean it better on a free weekend. I never remove stuff to clean, I just use brushes/rags to get into where I can't reach.

looks clean but im not a big fan of the blue but i do love custom valve covers so i cant wait to see the outcome. heres a few pictures of my friend rudys custom gold k series valve cover...

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

is this the finish youre going for? what else are you gonna do as of appereance for the engine bay?

No that's not the gold I'm going for. That's way to blingy for my taste. I'm going for the top secret gold color. In the engine bay, all I have planned right now is gold valve cover, gold intake, and the strut bar I bought from you. I don't know what else to do without making it look ricey. I just want it nice and clean looking.

No that's not the gold I'm going for. That's way to blingy for my taste. I'm going for the top secret gold color. In the engine bay, all I have planned right now is gold valve cover, gold intake, and the strut bar I bought from you. I don't know what else to do without making it look ricey. I just want it nice and clean looking.

i say try and find a jdm oem 98+ type r spark plug cover like my old one here...

3631DSC00301.JPG

its plastic with the carbon fiber look. its black so itll stand out a lot on a gold top.

or get the spoon carbon kevlar spark plug cover, kinda like a yellow color, i think it would go well with the color theme as well.

this is an ap1/2 one but you get the idea.

7737037_01.jpg

I know you're not going to change your plans on my account but I think your black engine bay with neon blues in there is really nice looking. That's pretty much my favorite color combination so I might be biased.

i say try and find a jdm oem 98+ type r spark plug cover like my old one here...

its plastic with the carbon fiber look. its black so itll stand out a lot on a gold top.

Yeah, I'll have to look into that, I think that would look really good.

looks really good man. that pic you put onto your avatar is sweet. if you do the gold theme, might wanna think about the same color gold for rims

Nah, my wheels would look dumb in gold and I'm just keeping the enkei's til I get money for RPF-1's. I am thinking about doing the caliper's in matching gold with a black ACURA logo on each caliper.

boo for little stones kicking up

Unfortunately, they're unavoidable.

That is amazingly clean. Any tips on cleaning the whole engine bay? Mine's filthy, as you can see.

DCFC0110.jpg

I actually want to paint my valve cover, or get it powder coated.

$600 and I love it. I would highly reccomend it. This car has great torque and pulls awesome off the line. I attribute a lot of that to the Comptech 4-2-1. With my Comptech header, exhaust, and Intake, my car pulls a ton harder than a stock GSR I rode in a while back.

Archived