need help identifying this engine

icecreamman

My engine code is all messed up too. All I can see is "B2" from F22B2.

Its definately B18, see if you can read the last two digits. And it should be like right near the distributor. Idk about a B18 but on my F22 I can look straight down and its pretty much next to the exahaust manny.

My engine code is all messed up too. All I can see is "B2" from F22B2.

Its definately B18, see if you can read the last two digits. And it should be like right near the distributor. Idk about a B18 but on my F22 I can look straight down and its pretty much next to the exahaust manny.

thanks man, i'll look for it. Is this a pretty good engine? everything runs pretty good on it except it keeps over heating. im not that familiar with hondas yet so any advice on trouble shooting is much appreciated.

DOHC out of an older teg could be a D16A1. Those aren't VTEC, right? Maybe they are...

A lot of hondas' valve cover gaskets start to go and they leak oil all over the place where the engine code is. Mine was unreadable until I replaced that gasket and degreased my engine bay.

DOHC out of an older teg could be a D16A1. Those aren't VTEC, right? Maybe they are...

A lot of hondas' valve cover gaskets start to go and they leak oil all over the place where the engine code is. Mine was unreadable until I replaced that gasket and degreased my engine bay.

True...and yeah you're right, they aren't VTEC

if it came out of an 86 thru 89 integra it is a d16a1 non v-tec the badge should be on the left about 3 inches bellow the valve cover to the left of the exhaust if it has the same tranny from the d16 they are higher geared good lowend sucky cruising speed tho :(

Archived