Help Please.....

Brian3311

so as we were installing my full coilovers we hit a little problem. The front 2 went on no problem but when we got to the back is when i got fracked. While we were trying to get the pinbolt holding the lca the fork that holds the stock set up up my friend snaped off both sides of the pinbolt. So now i have the center of a bold stuck in there with no way to get it out. Hammering it out wont work even tho im pretty sure its not threaded. If anyone has any ideas of what i should do please post. Im really stuck as to what to do.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heat it up with a torch and air hammer it out. if heat and an air hammer wont get it out , you need a new LCA. almost every honda ive ever worked on has this same issue. the strut fork bolt seizes into the LCA bushing. make sure , and i hope you did this on the front even though they dont seize as badly , grease that bolt before reinstalling.

you aint drilling that bolt out , lol , funny. make sure you buy , ohhh , a dozen bits that size , lol. cut the other side of the bolt off , spread the fork a little , and get the LCA off the car. easier to work on.

you aint drilling that bolt out , lol , funny. make sure you buy , ohhh , a dozen bits that size , lol. cut the other side of the bolt off , spread the fork a little , and get the LCA off the car. easier to work on.

it'd be awesome if they made a uni-bit long enough and small enough to drill crap like that out.

Sooooo

Tried drilling briefly, but that failed like Cranny said it would.....

then the fork on the bottom of the strut that the pin bolt runs through the LCA was cut, then the stock coilover was removed.

the LCA still had the chopped, stuck part of a bolt in it....

Luckily Rob (compuvision02) had a friend w/ spare integra rear LCA's w/ bushings, so they picked those up and got new pin bolts.....i'm going over there tomorrow morning, so hopefully this can get finished up....

The front coilovers went on smooth as silk, but seems like we ran into a really common problem, so we don't feel like complete n00bs.

More updates tomorrow w/ pics.

yea like dan said i got real lucky and picked up the LCA's that i needed at like 11 last night. I paid 40 for em. Im not really sure if i got ripped off or not but i really dont care im just glad i got the parts i needed. This needs to be done soon.

haha forgot to show you the old LCA's

passenger side, cut at the strut fork lol

Photo100.jpg

drivers side, broken at both ends, cut strut fork, drilled out, and a punch jammed in there that won't come out....bwahahaha

Photo101.jpg

PWNED.

Archived