Turbo Kit for 92 civic d16z6

92civicEX

I'm looking in to putting a turbo in my car. I know this requires a whole lot of modifications to be able to run. After looking on eBay, I noticed a few "turbo kits" like this one here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-00-Honda...1QQcmdZViewItem

Would something like this contain everything I would need to instal/run the turbo, or is this just some gimic?

It does, but it doesn't. You really want to upgrade your engine internals, but to run just a low boost stock engine, that should be everything you need. I wouldn't trust that it will 100% work with power steering and air conditioning, just because it is an eBay kit, but you maybe able to keep it. D-Series kits are cheap, you could probably find a "nicer" kit for around the same price.

Here's my thought. Buy an SSAC turbo kit for $750....send the turbo off and have it completely rebuilt w/ garret internals for $250. Junk the mani and get a used cast mani for around $250.

You'd have a decent turbo setup w/ good manifold, and essentially a garrett turbo for $1250 Add hondata and tune $500-600 and you'd have a really nice turbo setup tuned on hondata for around $1800.

How's that sound?

Edit: I forgot about new injector's, but that kit already comes with a nice cast manifold (I'd trust that not to crack) so you'd still be under $2000.00.

I guess nobody liked my idea?

Thanks for the imput guys.

What are your opinions on putting a turbo on a d16?

Could the engine handle it just fine? Is it a smart upgrade to make?

Haha, I apologize for all the newb questions... I'm just eager to learn.

yeah im kinda in the same boat...i have a 92 hatch Si with a D16z6 and i either wanna turbo the D or yank it out and putta B18c1 in it...havent decided which yet...but either way i wanna know learn about this rubo stuff =):thumbsup:

Archived