Supra vs. Snow

mycarsux

that guy is an idiot for 2 reasons

1) he bought an automatic supra

2) hes driving it in the snow

Definitely not an idiot if he's got dreams of a 10 second car.. Trans-brake or stall with less power than a 6-speed Supra can get better '60 times as well as quarter mile times.

Auto supras aren't always dumb. They can have some serious muscle and automatic muscle cars aren't bad. Just not as fun to me as nimble 5 or 6 speeds.

We can all point to the summer tires and go, "Well there's yer problem," to this guy. One of the mechanics at my old shop had summer tires on his Z one time when we got a light dusting. We had to push his car into the shop for the night cuz he wasn't going anywhere with them.

Auto supras aren't always dumb. They can have some serious muscle and automatic muscle cars aren't bad. Just not as fun to me as nimble 5 or 6 speeds.

We can all point to the summer tires and go, "Well there's yer problem," to this guy. One of the mechanics at my old shop had summer tires on his Z one time when we got a light dusting. We had to push his car into the shop for the night cuz he wasn't going anywhere with them.

at the start of winter we had a very light dusting, and i didn't realize they get NO traction in the snow.... panic sets in when you turn and nothing, you step on the brake, and nothing......

that guy is an idiot for 2 reasons

1) he bought an automatic supra

2) hes driving it in the snow

I said the same thing to him.

"The first mistake you made was buying an automatic Supra. The second was bringing it to Rochester, NY."

He said he's had the car for 2 years and hasn't done anything to it. I'm pretty sure he bought it as is for $20k.

That STI wouldn't get very far either. Looks like stock tires and they come with summer only tires too sooooo..... I personally think it's stupid that an offroad rally born car comes with tires that you can't drive in the snow. Makes no sense.

By the way, he did eventually get it back in the parking spot. I went and grabbed my shovel out of my trunk and shoveled all around the area.

He was nice guy, he just didn't know how to deal with snow (he's from LA). So calling him an idiot is harsh.

That STI wouldn't get very far either. Looks like stock tires and they come with summer only tires too sooooo..... I personally think it's stupid that an offroad rally born car comes with tires that you can't drive in the snow. Makes no sense.

same reason people put 24" rims on hummers

OMFG, that Supra is Auto

That automatically means its a pile of crapt

Seriously, grow up

Who cares if the car is auto or stick??

I'm sure he doesn't give two frackss what you think of his car or that you drive stick

Chea.

/Thread.

Archived