engine swap

Im currently boosting a b16 with stock internals in a em1. I want to do a motor swap. But im debating if I should just sell the turbo kit and motor/tranny and drop a k20a in there or swap it with a gsr motor with the current turbo kit. Any advice?

Also:

Is $500 for just a gsr head a good deal?

Is the k20a motor and tranny swap for $5000 a good deal?

8-10 lbs boost on stock internals for a gsr

gsr has much more hp stock than a b16 so automaticly you get a bigger increase in power with a turbo. they have a little more torque too.

i love the gsr, my civic hauled a$$ when i had it.

$5000 for a K20A with low mileage and the entire swap is a remarkable deal. dude if you can get out of what you have , and into a type r K20 , do it , cause theres no comparison. you can push 8 lbs no problem on stock GSR or B16. you can go 10 on the GSR safely with tunage.

I'm a little late on this, but here's my opinion.

B18C1 is better than B16A2/3 but not nearly enough better to justify the money to swap. A stock boosted B16A3 could handle 10 pounds just like the GSR and could hit 300whp on stock motor with a really good tune. Torque might be less than the GSR, but not by much when boosting.

The ONLY way I would ever pull a B16 is to swap in a K20A or K24A2.

Let's not forget that high torque numbers on a front wheel drive is going to mean horrible traction.

man you already have a boosted b16. build the b16. are you tuned? with a tune you'll be more than happy..trust me. everyone hates on the b16...your just wasting money if you were to buy a c1 when you could have used that to just build the b16.

I'm a little late on this, but here's my opinion.

B18C1 is better than B16A2/3 but not nearly enough better to justify the money to swap. A stock boosted B16A3 could handle 10 pounds just like the GSR and could hit 300whp on stock motor with a really good tune. Torque might be less than the GSR, but not by much when boosting.

The ONLY way I would ever pull a B16 is to swap in a K20A or K24A2.

Let's not forget that high torque numbers on a front wheel drive is going to mean horrible traction.

i didnt see ur post. exactly my thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

i think u should get the gsr and use ur turbo kit that u have .... i was thinkin bout selling my b18 and trying to get a gsr but i said f*ck it and im gonna build mine .... with my setup i have about 280whp and 8psi after being tuned so with a gsr boosted i think ull be more then happy

Archived