Heating issue

SIR_VTEC

Well, its winter obviously and everyone needs heat....well my heat went out awhile ago and i really havent had time to look at my car in detail...but what could the problem be? I replaced the waterpump, coolant level is perfect, and radiator is completely new. What I replaced on the car was timing belt, water pump, and headgasket, but that was about a little under a year ago. Could it be the thermostat? Also the blower levels 1 & 2 don't work but 3 & 4 work fine....could it be a fuse that needs to be replaced or is it a grounding issue? Let me know what you guys think.:thumbsup:

Note* it blows out cold air, and eventually gets warmer after driving the car for like 30-45 min, and also my car does not over heat. and I gots a 94 integra.

so when u say 1 and 2 dont work but 3 and 4 do, do u mean u get heat on 3 and 4. if not could be ur heater core but u would notice cuz it would prob leak into the cab and/or u would get sweet smelling fog in the cab. need more details. if u thermostat was stuck closed, u car would overheat.

Well the car is not over heating, but then again its like 12 below here at times, but yea the blower on settings 1 & 2 do not work, but if i put it on the third or fourth setting the blowers go on and blow cold air until the car warms up for like 15 minutes.

you need a heater core and fan switch dude. does the heat comming out of the vents get hot when driving and under revs , and if you stop and let it idle it will get cold again? but car stays fully warm? heater core. feel the hoses leading to the heater core , feel them for yourself , start car , let it run till warmed up all the way , than feel them. tell me what you find. the one leading to it is hot , the one comming back is cold prolly. if his car had a thermo stuck open guys , the car wouldnt fully warm up. if it was stuck shut it would overheat.

Well I havent drove the car to see if will heat up or not, lately its been in the negatives here so the car has always been cold on the temp gauge...but i'll drive it somewhere this week for at least 30 min or so...that should let me know if the car has a prob heating up or not.

The car does not get cold when im at a stop, just takes a while for it to get warm in the car

The car does not get cold when im at a stop, just takes a while for it to get warm in the car

not does the CAR(temp gauge) get cold , does it start to blow progressively colder air as the car sits? like if you parked after driving with car idling.

Nope, thats what I meant, the temp gauge doesnt get colder, i was driving for about 45 min yesterday and the car stayed at a normal temp and wasnt blowing cold air, but blower on level 1 & 2 does not work still

I'm having a similar thing with my heater. Blower's fine on all settings and all, and my temp gauge is fine. Just... it takes forever to heat up. Like, 20 minutes before it's really blowing hot air.... Is that something that can be solved easily? I don't really wanna go replacing stuff unless I have to.

its just cause its cold. but there is winter and summer thermos , winter thermos open later and not as much as car is heating up , makes coolant hotter , faster. but you shouldnt run them in summer. my car has a summer thermo , its the same way , takes a long time to heat up all the way , i mean it is winter , lol. -20 with the wind here on the average for the last month and a half. go out in the morning and the car turns over like , rarr ..........rarr.........rarr...... , lol. easy to replace thermo though. takes minutes and a gallon of fluid.

prolly will yes. most people dont realize , coolant actually goes bad over time. they test it for how acidic it is(rad tool or litmus paper) , and once it reaches a certain point , it will still cool the engine , but not only lose its corrocsion resistance , but cause corrosion due to being acidic. did you guys know that coolant dual functions as an anti-corrosion tool? for the inside of your engine.

Archived