**NEED EXHAUST ASAP**

compuvision02

Hello all,

Well, a few weeks ago, my muffler decided to fall off my EJ1. It seemed to just have rusted off or something, it was a fairly clean break. Well, that sort of made me mad, but not too mad since it didn't get excessively loud and gave it a nice little tone. Well, now I am extremely pissed. The same thing happened right before the catalytic converter. My exhaust was completely dragging for a while and I just got it off at the shop I work at. Anyways, now I am running open header and I need a new exhaust system. I would like stock, I'm hoping someone has a complete stock exhaust system they would be willing to give up for free and just make me pay shipping. If not, I am willing to pay a little, I can't afford much, but this needs to be fixed. Stock or aftermarket, it doesn't really matter, I just need piping on there. I have been doing a little eBay browsing and found a $50 header and a $250 catback. That is more then I have, but if I find nothing, I am going to have to try and make it work. My EH2 is coming off insurance and this is my daily driver, so this is needed as soon as possible. Anyways, help?

Rob

Nice and loud now, isn't it?

Not really, my EH2 is much louder, this is just annoying. It sounds like a WRX starting, then it sounds sort of boosted when floored, and sounds like absolute hell when just cruising.

go to a junkyard and rip one off.

Yeah, I am going to have to try and look this coming Saturday. I work too much to get there during the weekday and tomorrow is Sunday, so they are all closed.

That or on ebay.

Yeah, finding a stock one is going to be tough and probably not all that cheap. I am a little paranoid about eBay aftermarket exhaust, because of fitment, but I guess poor fitment is better then open header.

i found an oem catback for like 200 shipped

I'm actually a little surprised this was an OEM exhaust, I figured it was one of those cheap knock offs. Atleast I think it is, it had "Honda" on one of the parts. $200 is a lot for a OEM used exhaust in my opinion, I'd might as well take my chances with eBay and have a little tone to my daily car.

My parents may just front me like $300 to go for eBay exhaust and just have it as soon as possible. My Dad is very paranoid after I ran open header for a couple days in my Trans Am and had $2,000 worth of repairs; burnt the valve seats.

My parents may just front me like $300 to go for eBay exhaust and just have it as soon as possible. My Dad is very paranoid after I ran open header for a couple days in my Trans Am and had $2,000 worth of repairs; burnt the valve seats.

and you didn't just get some performance heads to replace the stockers, y? woulda saved prolly over a grand, instead of replacing all of the seats.

go get a normal sounding muffler comp , with 2" in and outlets. and have them make you a 2" exhaust front to back. you can reuse your cat and resonator im sure , cut them off and weld them into new system. that way it wont be loud , but youl still have some of the benefit of having a larger diam pipe.

go get a normal sounding muffler comp , with 2" in and outlets. and have them make you a 2" exhaust front to back. you can reuse your cat and resonator im sure , cut them off and weld them into new system. that way it wont be loud , but youl still have some of the benefit of having a larger diam pipe.

That's a good idea, but they will most likely charge an arm and a leg to custom build it. They eBay stuff shouldn't be too loud though.

The egay stuff actually is pretty loud (if you're talking about Tsudo). The riciest sounding exhaust I've ever heard too. (had it on the del sol).

It's egay, though. Would you expect anything nice from them except used OEM parts?

That's a good idea, but they will most likely charge an arm and a leg to custom build it. They eBay stuff shouldn't be too loud though.

it wouldnt cost you much to have a mid pipe made man. unless you wanted stainless. i dont know what tools you have available to you , but if you have the means , go to local parts store , buy some pipe , and make your own.

Hate to tell you, but the Tsudo exhaust will sound like that both with and without the silencer......it will just be louder than that without the silencer. That's exactly how mine sounded when I got it. I put a different muffler on the end and it helped, but didn't get rid of the raspyness completely. Their exhausts suck hard.

I think it might be more accurate to say that they blow raspily.

That sucks that you spent that much money on something that will sound so bad. My friends welded up their own exhausts to their cars and they sound great. Cost them about 100-150 for the parts plus the time it took (one afternoon). I hate when necessity forces you to make a decision you wouldn't make normally.

Archived