RESOLVED: Classifieds question

First off, this is not a complaint, just a suggestion or question rather.

Is there anyway that new members would have to have at least a set number of posts before placing a classified....say that you need to have 20 posts before you can post a new topic in classifieds. I think this would filter a lot of spam and a lot of people that join to merely sell stuff. Mods feel free to lock so this doesn't turn into a huge discussion, I just wanted to throw my suggestion out there.

Your grammar and word choice makes me believe you and him are the same, so I wouldnt trust your feedback.

On topic. A minimum number of posts would be nice, or maybe do like turbod16.com does. A $5 donation is required to make a thread in the classifieds.

huh. That's an interesting idea with the donation.

I actually got a great deal on my suspension (275 for 800 worth) from someone who only ever made like 5 posts, all classifieds. So yeah....

Late edit: I also feel that making you have to pass a trail period before posting in there (like HT) is frustrating cuz sometimes you just wanna buy something and not wade through a forum posting just so you can buy stuff later. (see my thread in the del sol section called "Anyone wanna do me a favor?")

• 5 months later...

yeah that was on my mind for awhile, just never got the chance to talk to drew about it.. hmmm il let him know about future change..

25-50 postcount to post in classifieds

pictures a must with over over certain $$

VIN must be posted if a car sold..

• 3 weeks later...
That makes more sense.

Although I still feel that n00bs, undeterred, would just post up their crap in whatever section they wanted and just ask to get it moved.

This is the problem with having a post-based Classifieds forum.

A. Classifieds posts will appear in random sections and be moved.

B. Users will p/w until reaching the specified number of posts.

It won't really cut down on the spam. The majority of spammers post in other forums rather than the classifieds, or in multiple forums. It's usually the first forum or within the first forums seen that a spammer will post in, because he/she/the bot won't care to look for the appropriate section since they have no interest in actively participating on the forum. They're here to make their post(s) and move on to the next forum.

time delay. eveyone hates it, but maybe it would be necessary. do not let users that have been members less than one week start new threads.

would limit spammers and it would also help to limit newbs that post amazing idiotic initial threads and end up being flamed all to hell and back.

time delay. eveyone hates it, but maybe it would be necessary. do not let users that have been members less than one week start new threads.

would limit spammers and it would also help to limit newbs that post amazing idiotic initial threads and end up being flamed all to hell and back.

Unfortunately, that would also deter new users from coming back. This forum isn't big enough to turn noobs away who are looking for help.

There is no cure-all solution for this. It's the internet, and spammers are everywhere, as are scammers.

damn, theres a crapload of spammers in the classifieds section, im done for today i think. it felt good lockin, deletin, editin, warnin. lol dont worry did it for all the right reasons. dem noobs must think im a weiner. whatever, imma hit the sack. ninja.gif

• 3 weeks later...
damn, theres a crapload of spammers in the classifieds section, im done for today i think. it felt good lockin, deletin, editin, warnin. lol dont worry did it for all the right reasons. dem noobs must think im a weiner. whatever, imma hit the sack. ninja.gif

old thread, but why not bring up the donation idea? like a 3$ donation and if your sell goes through no problem you get the 3$ back via paypal?

and the trail period does suck and most like would kill new members.

but maybe not if the trail rules were different then ht.

on ht i think its 5 posts a day for 5 days? correct me if i'm wrong and they cant post in classifieds.

how about they can post in classifieds just not topics? only replying to threads. and they can post 15 posts per day. for 5 days?

and maybe a topic post limit of 2 topics per day?

anyone else like that?

Archived