96 civic Si-canada, ex-states

nigel_miguel

Hello there,

i have a 96 civic si with 180000 Kms (not miles). every time that fuel is running low, just before light comes or when it does come on, i notice that I have a problem starting. I think this happens because of the electric fuel, and there isn't any fuel in the lines because it goes back to the tank (this is just what I think).

NOW, yesterday I tried to start the car, it was in the garage, it don't run for about a day before that, and it had about 3/4s of a tank of gas. I could not get it to start. I had to pump the gas pedal to finally get it to start.

does anyone why this happened?

thank you

Hello there,

i have a 96 civic si with 180000 Kms (not miles). every time that fuel is running low, just before light comes or when it does come on, i notice that I have a problem starting. I think this happens because of the electric fuel, and there isn't any fuel in the lines because it goes back to the tank (this is just what I think).

NOW, yesterday I tried to start the car, it was in the garage, it don't run for about a day before that, and it had about 3/4s of a tank of gas. I could not get it to start. I had to pump the gas pedal to finally get it to start.

does anyone why this happened?

thank you

Have you tried changing the fuel filter? If you have.. try using isopropyl alchohol, sold in any auto store.It could be that you just got moisture in your fuel system if you are not kickin any codes.Usually it would do the trick unles your fuel filter is congested than it would also cause it to be hard to start.Of course it could be 1 of many other things but try the cheapest routes first.

Archived