alternator question

ArtyMillz

That is an excellent question. Internally I'd be willing to bet that all Honda alternators are the same. Take it with you to the parts store, and have them pull the part number. They should be able to match it up from there.

im gonna guess and say the voltage regulator is different on older ones vs. newer ones. the voltgae regulator is what your plug goes into on the alt. civics for example , D series , the 96-00 are oval , older ones arent.

i have a 89 b16a...and my alternator just went so when i buy a new one what model car do i tell them i need it from....doed like a 99-00 si alternator work or like a 94 del sol model????

Just did my bros b16a swap to crx,used 90 acura integra

stick with what obd you are running and you should be fine. pretty much what hes saying. doesnt matter what model dude , there the same , get yourself either a 90 or 91 integra dizzy. and so you know the reason for this , is the wiring in your civic/crx , is the same as the integras of the same years. OBD0 is OBD0. in other words , you need a dizzy that will run a B series engine but have the right wiring pinout to plug into your OBD0 civic/crx.

88-91 - OBD0

92-95 - OBD1

96-00 - OBD2

Actually, I said take the alternator to the parts store. Have them match up the part numbers, and then verify everything was the same before leaving. However nobody ever listens to me.

Ok here is some help...If you are obd0 which is 88-91 wiring then you need either a 90 or 91 Integra alternator. Doesnt matter if its from a LS, GS or RS thier all the same. If you converted to obd1 which is 92-95 wiring then you will need to use a 92-95 Integra GS or LS alternator.

Archived