$ 5000 Bucks

KingKoopa

I really want to tune up my car for maximum speed and stay reliable of course.

You most have seen the engine. Throwing a turbo and internals on this thing wouldnt be better than a new b18c or a H22 and then waiting for like another year till I get the rest of the money. of course im In a hurry to go fast.

What would yall do? Turbo the Sohc. Get a dual ohc b18c or the big as f*ck H22A?

dscf0041ij8.jpg

B18 - Aftermaket is large and should be about the same 1/4 mile as the H22. Install is pretty basic and most people or shops could do it and would be willing to.

H22 - I wouldn't go this route, the install is quite the bitch from what I've heard. Aftermarket isn't nearly as big as for the B18.

D16 - You could throw on all the boltons, high compression pistons, a camshaft, work the head, and still have money left over for some little stuff like appearance. Or you could go with low compression pistons, work the head, and go with a turbo kit, you should still have money left over.

That's funny. 5 grand in a 6 month CD at a (optimistic) 5% would make you $125. 5 grand even at a crazy 10% for a year would make you $500. If you want the money you'd find a moderate risk money market and drop it in for a year at 20-30% interest, or invest in property. CD's don't make much money but are safe.

Exactly. I'm guessing he doesn't come across 5k all the time so the safer, the better. Plus with a 6 month, he can not renew it if the interest rate drops. Or he can add more money in for the next 6 mo. and keep the ineterest or whatever.

Archived