03 odyssey mileage concern...

Dear Forum,

On my 03 Odessey EXL (loaded) so far I have been very dissapointed getting around 10-13 miles maybe a gallon in the city and not much better doing portions of highway driving. I haven't yet took it on an all out road trip to really see the gas consumption. I took it into the dealer and they said nothing is wrong it is because of the winter conditions and the additives they put in the gas. Does anyone know if that is correct? I thought I was buying a far superior vehicle to my past Ford Windstar and this mileage thing is driving me crazy. ANy help would be great! the 18 city and 25 highway miles per gallon ratings are far off on what I have been experiancing. I may just have to go back to a big V-8 SUV if that is the kind of mileage I am goint to get from this van! :)

Thanks

Matt

what are the driving conditions/ how u drive / r ember now it is loaded = heaver

up to today we have had mild weather(40's-50's all winter so far) for NW indiana (chicagoland) and it is a family car with kids. Neither me nor my wife have crazy driving habits so. :)

Matt

check your air filter, tire pressures,etc...

Ya, start with this. Get an all-around tune-up and if that doesn't help...

The newer Oddy's just aren't the samy to begin with as the old 4-banger ones from 95-97. I priced those things and wasn't impressed with the mileage on them, because 18-25 is about what every other mini-van was rated at. 10 is way shy of where it should be, though. My 454 Suburban gets 9 on the highway... lol.

Archived