dog legging

To the people who matter I got the call from Lowrider Euro last week and the editor is coming out next week to look at my car 4pumpedCL's car and my buddies 00' Maxima. Three black luxury cars on hydraulics pretty stupid I guess.

thats great news dude! hows aarons car? he hasn't posted any updated pics of his car. did he do anything else to his ride?

hey, you didn't happen to see that TL in the latest issue of import tuner, did you??? if not, its near the front of the magazine. it has a crazy ass paint on it and its also sitting on air ride.

once again, congrats!!!! ill be looking forward to seeing it in the mag. find out when it comes out so i can go look for it

Yes, it is stupid. Luxury cars aren't supposed to hop or "dog-leg", they are supposed to be quite, have a comfortable smooth ride (not what you get when hopping and crap).

Luxury cars IMO.

Mercedes-Benz

Cadillac

Bentley

BMW (some)

Lincoln

Mercury (Marauder)

No offense, just my opinion.

BTW, goo job on getting in a magazine (if it works out).

well if you are a mechanic, you would think of dog legging as when a cars rear tires are not following the same track as the fronts and it seems to go down the road sidewaysish

HAHA...my dog runs like that! its funny to watch.

anyways, congrats on getting in a mag man. look forward to being able to say "yeah, i saw that a month or so ago on the honda forums...biatch." :laugh:

TL I do have hydraulics.

I will staighten out the young boys ignorance. There are two different kinds of hydraulic setups. You all have seen the Impalas and Cadillacs with hydraulics that ride like crap. They use a small coil spring between the cylinder and the upper spring cup. They do that so they can hop their cars off the ground. The setup I have done does not have the springs but instead I have installed accumulators. The accumulator is placed between the cylinder and the pump. The accumulator has a rubber blatter inside and on one side is Nitrogen gas and the other side is the hydraulic fluid. The nitrogen gas chamber is charged at 500 psi (that is adjustable smaller cars) and acks like a gas shock. Wow a completely adjustable shock to a single inch of pressure. My car actually rides better then it does stock. Have you ever been able to drive up a rounded curb at 45 mph without your car rocking around? I can every bump I go over the accumulators do their job and and I don't feel anything. There is a road by my house that my stock suspension bottomed out on at 60 mph I can now take that bump at two inches off the ground without rubbing. Super Street I do not talk about turbo's and all that BS because I don't know about it so do not talk about what you have no idea.

TL I do have hydraulics.

I will staighten out the young boys ignorance. There are two different kinds of hydraulic setups. You all have seen the Impalas and Cadillacs with hydraulics that ride like crap. They use a small coil spring between the cylinder and the upper spring cup. They do that so they can hop their cars off the ground. The setup I have done does not have the springs but instead I have installed accumulators. The accumulator is placed between the cylinder and the pump. The accumulator has a rubber blatter inside and on one side is Nitrogen gas and the other side is the hydraulic fluid. The nitrogen gas chamber is charged at 500 psi (that is adjustable smaller cars) and acks like a gas shock. Wow a completely adjustable shock to a single inch of pressure. My car actually rides better then it does stock. Have you ever been able to drive up a rounded curb at 45 mph without your car rocking around? I can every bump I go over the accumulators do their job and and I don't feel anything. There is a road by my house that my stock suspension bottomed out on at 60 mph I can now take that bump at two inches off the ground without rubbing. Super Street I do not talk about turbo's and all that BS because I don't know about it so do not talk about what you have no idea.

Wow, I don't think anyone besides maybe 2 ppl on this forum care about hydros and bags or whatever.

Bags, hydros, all the same to me.

Yes, it is stupid. Luxury cars aren't supposed to hop or "dog-leg", they are supposed to be quite, have a comfortable smooth ride (not what you get when hopping and crap).

Luxury cars IMO.

It seems like every time I post something you start running your mouth and if you didn't care about the suspension then don't comment on it. I was simply informing you that you should have facts before you speak.

its not my style, but hey...if its a car thats not stock then its got my attention. i have nothing against air suspension (or other forms of hydrolics) i just dont' think people should put them on track cars...or cars made to go fast, as i have stated before. but on luxury cars its nice as hell. if i had a acura cl/tl/rl i'd most definetly put air ride on it. but, air ride is not going to go on my civic. eibach coilovers are :D

Exactly thank you honda civic and it's not like the RL is very fast or in any way performance minded from the factory. Am I going to put hydraulics on the Audi S8 oh hell no it will get awsome struts and coils and at that time I will probably ask some of your opinion on which ones are the best.

alright lets leave it at this, the only cars that should have airbags or hydros, without being rice are:

1. lowered pickup trucks

2. luxury cars

3. ghetto mobiles

yea seriously man. i am getting a air bag setup for my truck when i can get enough money for it. hell i would take hydros but the only kind i can ever find for cheap are the hopping type. crap man we have already been through this crap before. get all the facts before u run your mouth. hell yea props to RL on the mag feature. that is one reason i dont post as much is because of people like SSR who ruin it for people like me. i used to love this board and always come here 1st. now i come here when im bored. try and be nice and curtious. it makes it a lot better

top two reasons i don't go to honda-tech.com:

1. i'm loyal to hf.com

2. ssr supposedly posts there more than he does here. :ninja:

1. Yeah, who can argue with a little over 1,000 members vs. 30,000 members????

2. Oh yeah, I have less than 200 post there.

:stupid:

1. Yeah, who can argue with a little over 1,000 members vs. 30,000 members????

Why do you need to argue? Discussion != Arguments

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Archived