brief quiz and other stuff

i registered on another forum back in the day and before my membership could be validated i had to take a short quiz, maybe like 3 questions or so, like...

1.) whats the difference between a dc4 and a dc2?

2.) what does vtec stand for?

3.) a b18c1 is the engine in what model integra?

just simple questions like that gets the noobs used to the search function so they dont ask the same things over and over.

i think certain forums should be open to members depending on their post count. i.e., during new member status, members should only be allowed to post in car discussion. as they move up in member status then theyll be allowed to participate in general discussion forums and such. i feel this shows if the member will stay on the forums for a while and really has an interest.

just my 2 cents, keep it in mind, drew.

It's a good idea, but at the same time it's not.

HF isn't a relatively large board, so there's really not a need to exclude new/newer members from all of the discussions at this point.

Yeah, there's a problem with the same questions being asked over and over, but it's going to happen regardless. It's annoying, but there's no reason to get upset over it or to be bothered by it really, just answer the question and be on your way to the next topic.

Then you have to take into account people who haven't used a message board before, and who have minimal knowledge of Hondas. They could be put off by having to answer questions that they might be here to ask, or by having to figure out how to use the search tool before they can even post.

I can't remember if there is but try putting a notice on the registration page that says to use the search function first. Because most people come in and don't read the rules or the stickies.

I can't remember if there is but try putting a notice on the registration page that says to use the search function first. Because most people come in and don't read the rules or the stickies.

Those same people won't read it on the registration page, either.

i registered on another forum back in the day and before my membership could be validated i had to take a short quiz, maybe like 3 questions or so, like...

1.) whats the difference between a dc4 and a dc2?

2.) what does vtec stand for?

3.) a b18c1 is the engine in what model integra?

just simple questions like that gets the noobs used to the search function so they dont ask the same things over and over.

i think certain forums should be open to members depending on their post count. i.e., during new member status, members should only be allowed to post in car discussion. as they move up in member status then theyll be allowed to participate in general discussion forums and such. i feel this shows if the member will stay on the forums for a while and really has an interest.

just my 2 cents, keep it in mind, drew.

ya Hitler tried to do some thing like this, thinking he was better then the Jews. relocating the "un-pure race" then executing them, is that your next plan for noobs?

all in fairness thats my 2 cents

ya Hitler tried to do some thing like this, thinking he was better then the Jews. relocating the "un-pure race" then executing them, is that your next plan for noobs?

hitler wanted jews to use the search function?

the only person i would send to a concentration camp is you so we wouldnt have to hear or put up with any of you useless comments.

your mom should have swallowed. im sorry for you and people around you.

so i am begin attacked for my two cents, have you ever heard of the Gestapo. they would make ppl disappear for not following Hitlers plan

hitler wanted jews to use the search function?

u wanted to keep noobs out of some of the forums that is what i meant by relocating and the next step being executing is speculations on your future intentions. sry if i am against a dictatorship on a forum

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law -

Main Entry: fo·rum

Pronunciation: 'fO-r&m

Function: noun

on a side note i didn't bring up your mom so why did you ? i was just explaining my two cents and your attacked me personal, why that?

i kinda agree with itr, but make the questions fairly easy, and relate to why some people hate noobs. have like multiple choice. how do you correctly spell vtec. then header, or headers, something along those lines. also people posting the same question in different sections. this forum is pretty small as it is, so keeping people out because they dont want to do a quiz or something will just work against it. so its not really necessary, but its worth consideration. theres my 2 cents so if you disagree we can go rounds until you agree.

u wanted to keep noobs out of some of the forums that is what i meant by relocating and the next step being executing is speculations on your future intentions. sry if i am against a dictatorship on a forum

i suggested once a new member hits a certain amount of posts than he or she can participate in other forums, just to see if the member will stick around.

on a side note i didn't bring up your mom so why did you ? i was just explaining my two cents and your attacked me personal, why that?

because you are taking this way too personal and i think youre stupid.

have you ever heard of the Gestapo. they would make ppl disappear for not following Hitlers plan

my post was just a suggestion, it doesnt mean its actually gonna happen. why do you wanna sound all smart by using historical references. we all know youre not that smart.

my post was just a suggestion, it doesnt mean its actually gonna happen. why do you wanna sound all smart by using historical references. we all know youre not that smart.

since when do you know me?

because you are taking this way too personal and i think youre stupid.

i was giving my two cents, u gave yours, and you attacked me for my feelings

i suggested once a new member hits a certain amount of posts than he or she can participate in other forums, just to see if the member will stick around.

my issue with that is this is post to be a forum, if its not accessible to the public then what is the use of all this information. i am sry for being an wise ass, but thats just how i am

i kinda agree with itr, but make the questions fairly easy, and relate to why some people hate noobs. have like multiple choice. how do you correctly spell vtec. then header, or headers, something along those lines. also people posting the same question in different sections. this forum is pretty small as it is, so keeping people out because they dont want to do a quiz or something will just work against it. so its not really necessary, but its worth consideration. theres my 2 cents so if you disagree we can go rounds until you agree.

I disagree, but no matter how many "rounds" you wanted to go, I still would not agree. The board is too small, and people come here to learn. Like I said before, you can't post up questions that people might be here to ask and make them answer them before they can actually post. No matter how annoying re-posts are, nothing will stop them. If you don't want to see them, then just don't click on those threads... or you may want to reconsider being on a forum to begin with.

I disagree, but no matter how many "rounds" you wanted to go, I still would not agree. The board is too small, and people come here to learn. Like I said before, you can't post up questions that people might be here to ask and make them answer them before they can actually post. No matter how annoying re-posts are, nothing will stop them. If you don't want to see them, then just don't click on those threads... or you may want to reconsider being on a forum to begin with.

thats what i was trying to say but not sure if its what i wrote. this forum is small, and i personally dont have a problem with noobs and those questions because without people joining, it would be the same regs talking about nothing. ]the people who do flame on noobs, get pissed at them for those types of questions. if people would stop getting pissed for someone writing "headers" and in their response write header* or VTEC* without going into the whole bitch mode, then i think it will be fine.

thats what i was trying to say but not sure if its what i wrote. this forum is small, and i personally dont have a problem with noobs and those questions because without people joining, it would be the same regs talking about nothing. ]the people who do flame on noobs, get pissed at them for those types of questions. if people would stop getting pissed for someone writing "headers" and in their response write header* or VTEC* without going into the whole bitch mode, then i think it will be fine.

LOL, sorry, then... I thought you were agreeing that it should be implemented (or something similar).

Archived