Honda Dirtbike CRF150F

i got an XR400R....hhhmmm ive had this problem to im just trying to think of what it was...How long since you rode the bike? My bike wouldnt start because it had old fuel in it so u have to dump some good fresh fuel in it (can put it in with the old stuff). Also check your spark plug it could be jet black mine was.....Thats all. I just put new fuel in it and changed the plug fired right up! Only change the plug if it`s black though but being a honda should be ok. Best dirtbikes on the market. Please let me know if this helps!

Also when you turn it off turn off the fuel and let it run out so the carby is dry because if the fuel sits in the carby for a few weeks and u try start it. The fuel has as much octance as water after its exposed to air for a long time so u have to let the bike run out of fuel the carby. When you go back after to start it again (after u have let the fuel run out and ur gonna ride it example 3weeks later) just pump the throttle a bit and kick her over.

Let me know how you go dude

Also after u wash it start it up and let it run. Then turn the fuel off let her run out and put it away

i got an XR400R....hhhmmm ive had this problem to im just trying to think of what it was...How long since you rode the bike? My bike wouldnt start because it had old fuel in it so u have to dump some good fresh fuel in it (can put it in with the old stuff). Also check your spark plug it could be jet black mine was.....Thats all. I just put new fuel in it and changed the plug fired right up! Only change the plug if it`s black though but being a honda should be ok. Best dirtbikes on the market. Please let me know if this helps!

Also when you turn it off turn off the fuel and let it run out so the carby is dry because if the fuel sits in the carby for a few weeks and u try start it. The fuel has as much octance as water after its exposed to air for a long time so u have to let the bike run out of fuel the carby. When you go back after to start it again (after u have let the fuel run out and ur gonna ride it example 3weeks later) just pump the throttle a bit and kick her over.

Let me know how you go dude

Also after u wash it start it up and let it run. Then turn the fuel off let her run out and put it away

I already put 89 octane brand new fuel in it so that shouldn't be the problem... it's been almost 6 months and we never run the carb dry before storage so I thought that was the problem...

I can't find the spark plug wrench or I woulda already checked it... yeah I guess I'll try all that thx for the help dude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi,

My Honda CRF150F Dirtbike refuses to stay started....

Checked the carburetor... and cleaned it...

It dies as I try to throttle up at all...

Any help????

alright i have the same problem but mine runs fine just blipping the throttle when warming it up it boggs out and some times dies

but for you adjust the air screw to the bottom left of the carburator

Archived