selective starting

KOBAYASHI

Does it turn over? If it does it's prolly ur fuel pump not pushin gas. Mine had the same problem until I replaced the fuel pump.

Edit: Si's have an internal coil so if thats it you need a new distributor.

it has done this numerious of times it just wont start .. i pulled the starter and hot wired it to the battery and it still worked just fine ... so yesterday when i got off of work it pulled that shyt on me again .. i was thinking that if i parked it on a hill i could jump start it ,which i attempted to do and no dice, so i smoked a fatty and then the shyt turned over .. wtf wrong with my shyt...? my homie said prolly the coil...!i can hear my fuelpump working being that my car is gutted in the rear...?

Trust me, it's the Main Relay.

thats what i would think too. it happens a lot to hondas. happened to mine too. but if the main fuel relay wasnt working then youre fuel pump wouldnt do anything either. and you siad that you could hear it in the back so if thats really the case then i dont think its your relay.

i need to see if im getting fuel first ........ before hitiing up the main dont yah think...? "asking " .....................and will a e.g main wok for my crx

well yah u should do that first but that shouldnt take too long.

i need to see if im getting fuel first ........ before hitiing up the main dont yah think...? "asking " .....................and will a e.g main wok for my crx

If you're not getting fuel, then it is your Main Relay. Once you've pulled the bolt out of the fuel filter, and primed the car, try tapping on the relay, if fuel starts flowing, it's definitely the relay. Also be careful, I picked up a brand new one from the dealer, and had to tap it to work, so keep your receipts. Go buy the right relay, they're not that expensive. It most likely will work, but why take chances?

Turn the key, hear the fuel pump, if there's no fuel flowing, tap the relay. If fuel begins flowing then it's *definitely* the relay. Kind of like if a starter is going out, you can get it to work by tapping it.

Archived