Kinda hard shifting into 2nd

Kicksome123

You can drive w/o syncros (hense the name "syncronised shifting"). I had to drive my Mustang I had home like that one day from the track. Speed shifting plays hell on syncronises, take it from my experiance lol. But honestly if you were just in a real bad pinch for money and didn't have any other means of transportation why would you want to contine driving your car like that?

you cant , there will come a time when you wont be able to put it in the bad gear at all once car is moving. thats what happens. after they get so bad , once the car is in motion , you cannot get the car into the bad gear , unless the car is stopped(of differential isnt turning).

i had the same problem wit my hatch. jack ur car up then have some one try to put it in second easy and look at ur shift linkage at the same time.right below ur shift boot look at the end of the shift linkage it might be hittin ur exhaust bracket.if it is then u might be able to bend it like me then mine was find.so try that it will take about 30 mins. If u know what ur lookin at

i had the same problem wit my hatch. jack ur car up then have some one try to put it in second easy and look at ur shift linkage at the same time.right below ur shift boot look at the end of the shift linkage it might be hittin ur exhaust bracket.if it is then u might be able to bend it like me then mine was find.so try that it will take about 30 mins. If u know what ur lookin at

oh, okay. I was gunna get a short shifter or short throw shifter here pretty soon so I will have to look into that. I bought the car with the exhaust on it and that might be it because sometimes I can feel my shifter get kinda hot at the metal part under the shifter knob. Gosh I hope thats it :thumbsup:

Archived