Kinda hard shifting into 2nd

Kicksome123

if its tranny internals and you havent had one apart , i wouoldnt recommend it. it could just be your clutch getting old. could be your not holding it to the floor long enough or all the way to the floor.

if its tranny internals and you havent had one apart , i wouoldnt recommend it. it could just be your clutch getting old. could be your not holding it to the floor long enough or all the way to the floor.

is that a yes to a mechanic or no? I have never took a tranny apart and I shift into second just as fast as any other gear so I dunno... Dont really think its my clutch though but if I pull it back hard enough it will get into 2nd you just gotta pull hard. On my dads truck in the winter he has to put this certain brake fluid that has some clutch enhancer that you can use. Would you guys think this would help???

i dont mess with trannys, had one of my friends who is a mechanic do it.

you know, if you do decide to do that, have them check everything in there while its all open and you might even want to get an lsd.:thumbsup:

i dont mess with trannys, had one of my friends who is a mechanic do it.

you know, if you do decide to do that, have them check everything in there while its all open and you might even want to get an lsd.:thumbsup:

I have been meaning to ask yall what a lsd is... and what it does.

lsd= limited slip differential as opposed to an open one. with an lsd both your front wheels will be working rather than one. better for take off and handling. so if you did a nice burn out like 97civictuner youll leave two tire marks.

edit- all itr trannys come with a stock lsd

lsd= limited slip differential as opposed to an open one. with an lsd both your front wheels will be working rather than one. better for take off and handling. so if you did a nice burn out like 97civictuner youll leave two tire marks.

edit- all itr trannys come with a stock lsd

Ohh okay, they expensive???

Ohh okay, they expensive???

a used oem honda itr lsd goes for about 430-450 maybe. not sure on the other brands. but i know quaife makes really good lsd's but im sure theyre very expensive.

a used oem honda itr lsd goes for about 430-450 maybe. not sure on the other brands. but i know quaife makes really good lsd's but im sure theyre very expensive.

0_0 might have to wait a little while for that. Can I keep driving it like this without any other major problems happening?

• 3 weeks later...
Well this only happens when I get on it hard, so I will have to put it off for awhile

If you keep doing it to much it will get worse (the grind will) and eventually your synchronizer will go out and you wont have a gear! so try and get it fixed as soon as possible. Actually if you dont have the money to get it fixed and to keep it from tearing up to soon, you can go to any local place (autozone, oreilleys etc) and get synchro mesh. Make sure you drain your transmission all the way before putting synchro mesh in your transmission. Put at least 3 or 4 quarts of synchro mesh in your tranny and you'll tell a big difference in grind and even shifting in general

Hate to tell you but it is the sycroniser from 1st to 2nd. It's not your clutch because it's not grinding going into any other gears and it's not your bushing because it's not doing it going into reverse. Try outting a quart of GM Syncromesh fluid in it. Drive it for about a week and that should help some. This is just a temporary fix however. Eventually you will have to send the transmission out to be rebuilt/ replaced.

If you keep doing it to much it will get worse (the grind will) and eventually your synchronizer will go out and you wont have a gear!

Hmm...

I thought you didnt need syncros...Correct me if Im wrong here but without a syncro you just have to rev-match everthing...Thats what we do with my pop's abarth that I still have to take pics of.. for someone... just to save the syncros...

If you downshift into second.. leave it in neutral before you put it into second for a second (haha) and give it a little gas so the rpm's go up, than try and put it into second like you normally would with the rpms falling...

Again correct me if im wrong because I wouldent want to spread false info...

Archived