dx to si swap

cloc007

i have 91 dx hatch and im doing a dpfi to mpfi conversion but cant find an si computer does any one know if i can use a 92-95 dx computer or a 90 -93 integ computer for a sub i also have a del so intake manifold will this pose as a problem

than youd have to obd convert your car. all you need to do is change a few wires for the extra 2 injectors. the ecu in your car can run MPFI. here ya go my man.

DPFI MPFI

Pin# Wire Color Function Wire Color Function

A1 Yellow 2 Aux Injector , Brown #1 Injector

A2 Black 1 Main Relay/Ground , Black 1 Main Relay/Ground

A3 Yellow 1 Aux Injector , Red #2 Injector

A4 Black 2 Main Relay/Ground , Black 2 Main Relay/Ground

A5 Red 2 Main Injector , Light Blue #3 Injector

A6 Green Purge Cut Off Solenoid Valve (Coil) , Green Purge Cut Off Solenoid Valve (Coil)

A7 Red 1 Main Injector , Yellow 1 #4 Injector

A8 Yellow 3 Sedan LX (A/T only)

A10 Red EGR Solenoid Control Valve (Coil) (A/T only)

A11 Blue/Yellow EACV (Coil) , Blue/Yellow EACV (Coil)

A12 Green/Black 2 Main Relay , Green/Black 2 Main Relay

A13 Yellow/Black 2 Main Relay , Yellow/Black 2 Main Relay/Injector Resistor Box

A14 Green/Black 1 Main Relay , Green/Black 1 Main Relay

A15 Yellow/Black 1 Main Relay , Yellow/Black 1 Main Relay/Injector Resistor Box

A16 Brown/Black Ground , Brown/Black Ground

A17

A18 Black/Red Ground , Black/Red Ground

B1 White/Green Hazard Fuse , White/Green Hazard Fuse

B2 Orange Tandem Control Solenoid Valve , Blue 1 Fast Idle Control Solenoid Valve

B3 Yellow A/C Clutch Relay , Yellow A/C Clutch Relay

B4 Yellow/Green Radiator Fan Relay , Yellow/Green Radiator Fan Relay

B5 White/Yellow Alternator , White/Yellow Alternator

B6 Green/Orange Check Engine Warning Light , Green/Orange Check Engine Warning Light

B7 Green/Orange Position Console Switch (Park, Neutral) , (A/T only)

B8 Blue/Red A/C Switch , Blue/Red A/C Switch

B9

B10 Orange Crank Angle Sensor

B11 Green/Black A/T Shift Position Console Switch (Drive) , (A/T only)

B12 White Crank Angle Sensor

B13 Blue/White Main Relay , Blue/White Main Relay

B14 Blue 2 To Yellow, To Alternator Blue 2 Alternator

B15 White 1 Ignitor Unit White 1 Ignitor Unit

B16 Yellow/Red Speed Sensor Yellow/Red Speed Sensor

B17 White 2 Ignitor Unit White 2 Ignitor Unit

B18

B19 Green/Red Electric Load Detector Green/Red Electric Load Detector

B20 Brown Ignition Timing Adjusting Connector Brown Ignition Timing Adjusting Connector

C1 Orange Crank Angle Sensor Blue/Green Cylinder Position Sensor

C2 White 4 Crank Angle Sensor Blue/Yellow Cylinder Position Sensor

C3 Orange/Blue TDC Sensor Orange/Blue TDC Sensor

C4 White/Blue TDC Sensor White/Blue TDC Sensor

C5 Red/Yellow TA Sensor Red/Yellow TA Sensor

C6 Red/White 1 TW Sensor Red/White 1 TW Sensor

C7 Red/Blue Throttle (Position) Angle Sensor (TPS) Red/Blue Throttle (Position) Angle Sensor (TPS)

C8 Yellow EGR Lift Valve Sensor

C9 Red/White 2 PA Sensor Red/White 2 PA Sensor

C10 Green/White 3 Brake Switch Green/White 3 Brake Switch

C11 White 1 MAP Sensor White 1 MAP Sensor

C12 Green/White 2 EGR Lift Valve Sensor/Pa Sensor/Ignition Timing Adjusting Connector/TA Sensor/TPS Sensor/TW Sensor Green White 2 Pa Sensor/Ignition Timing Adjusting Connector/TA Sensor/TPS Sensor/TW Sensor

C13 Yellow/White EGR Lift Valve Sensor/Pa Sensor/TPS Sensor Yellow/White Pa Sensor/TPS Sensor

C14 Green/White 1 MAP Sensor Green/White 1 MAP Sensor

C15 Yellow/Red MAP Sensor Yellow/Red MAP Sensor

C16 White 3 O2 Sensor White 3 O2 Sensor

i did all of this and the car just cranks and i double checked everything now do i need si ditrib and computer cause for the pm5 it does not have crank sensors at b10 and twelveB9

B10

B11 Green/Black A/T Shift Position Console Switch (Drive)

B12

and thats the pm5 now th pm6 looks like thisB9

B10 Orange Crank Sensor

B11 Green/Black A/T Shift Position Console Switch (Drive)

B12 White Crank Sensor

Inside car @ ECU

Pins B10 and B12 are empty. Unused pins can be taken from B2 or B11. Some models have a wire located at B12.

1. Cut orange and white wires off at C1 and C2 and connect them to wires added at B10 and B12. Orange-B10. White-B12. Leave enough wire for next step.

2. Run wires from C1 and C2 (direct ECU connection) into the engine compartment. Label these wires for later use.

3. Cut wires at A3 and A7 leaving plenty of wire. Run these wires into the engine compartment and label them for later use.

Before installing MPFI manifold

TPS and EACV plugs are too short and must be extended.

1. Be sure to switch green/white and yellow/white wires on TPS

Injectors and injector resistor box

Connect the yellow/black wires from the two DX injector harnesses and run it to the yellow/black wire on the injector resistor box.

1. Connect the yellow wire from the DX injector to the #1 injector (brown wire).

2. Connect the red wire from the DX injector and run it to the #3 injector (blue wire).

3. Connect the A3 wire to the #2 injector (red wire).

4. Connect the A7 wire to the #4 injector (yellow wire).

5. Connect the 4 red/black wires from injector resistor box to each injector.

Cylinder position sensor

Connect C1 to blue/green wire on cylinder position sensor plug.

1. Connect C2 to blue/yellow wire on cylinder position sensor plug.

2. These wires are off the Si distributor so connect them there.

That's it. Double check everything and start it up. Good luck!

you cannot use the pm5 ecu for mpfi swap gotta use a si(pm6)

thats what i assumed i was also told i could use the 88 -89 teg ecu i know that works but first do u know where the ecu is in that year integ its not in the passenger floor or kick panel and do i have to use an si ditrib

thats what i assumed i was also told i could use the 88 -89 teg ecu i know that works but first do u know where the ecu is in that year integ its not in the passenger floor or kick panel and do i have to use an si ditrib

im not sure where they are and yes you have to use the si dist because they rotate backwards the opposite way a si does or something along that idea and i do have a pm6 sitting in front of me right now... interested?

my bad , i did think you could wire a PM5 for mpfi. he could use the teg ecu , but its not the right fuel map for the engine. would run rich , idle crapty a bit prolly. sorry dude , my mistake. your best bet is getting that pm6 from teg and adding those couple extra wires to the existing harness.

my bad , i did think you could wire a PM5 for mpfi. he could use the teg ecu , but its not the right fuel map for the engine. would run rich , idle crapty a bit prolly. sorry dude , my mistake. your best bet is getting that pm6 from teg and adding those couple extra wires to the existing harness.

theres actually 2 wires you have to move to other pins and then 2 other injector wires like you said but then you have to hook up the injector resistor, dpfis dont have them, and a pm6 is from a 88-91 si not teg. and no point in using the teg ecu cuz its dual cam they work on zcs i dont think on z6's though and you would have to get the corresponding dizzy. just get a PM6 ecu. and the si dizzy

theres actually 2 wires you have to move to other pins and then 2 other injector wires like you said but then you have to hook up the injector resistor, dpfis dont have them, and a pm6 is from a 88-91 si not teg. and no point in using the teg ecu cuz its dual cam they work on zcs i dont think on z6's though and you would have to get the corresponding dizzy. just get a PM6 ecu. and the si dizzy

ok thanks and i get all of thAt but what the hell is this dizzy every one keeps refering to and do u know of anybody who has done this succefully and if u look further up u can see my wiring plans is that 100% correct

ok thanks and i get all of thAt but what the hell is this dizzy every one keeps refering to and do u know of anybody who has done this succefully and if u look further up u can see my wiring plans is that 100% correct

dizzy is the distributor and yea me and a friend have done it before

just look here and follow it

http://effinmotorworks.com/Effin_MPFI_swap.htm

thanks alot man so every thing works good on the one u tried?, well hopefully ill get the "dizzy" and ecu tonight u've been a big help

no problem, I have the ecu sittin here ive been tryin to get rid of it. and yea it worked but we had to go over th wires a bunch of time lol and when you count the pin in the harness at the ecu make sure you do it like it shows on that site

no problem, I have the ecu sittin here ive been tryin to get rid of it. and yea it worked but we had to go over th wires a bunch of time lol and when you count the pin in the harness at the ecu make sure you do it like it shows on that site

thanx how much do u want for it or what if a trade is possible cause i get things i would get that but an si is hard to find

• 1 month later...

i havent been here in a while but since october i did a bit of a franky i have and obd1 dizzy on the 91 mpfi conversion and wired the dizzy to match it all the wires are correct including the dizzy before i fnish with the two wire ci and c2 will this still turn over

Archived