Intercooler setup, any help?

I'm in need of a radiator for use in my water to air intercoolers in my rail, so i was thinking......

a normal radiator is waaayyy to big and heavy to put on my rail, so I was thinking of something thin and light, and would be able to flow the 1/2 inch line of water easily, and efficiently. At first I thought of using an oil cooler, because they are thin and light, and pretty compact. Problem is I can't find one big enough (length and width)

So I turn to you guys. Could someone take some measurements of your ac condensers? I thought this would be perfect for what i'm looking for. Thin, light, and big enough to support the cooling of my 2 intercoolers.

Here is my first idea where my pump feeds one intercooler into the other.

Idea1.jpg

I thought of this idea, because the "ic 2" will take the brunt of the hot air, so its ok if a little bit of warm water flows through it from "ic 1". But all the cold water from the pump will go to cooling the air further through "ic 1"

But I'm thinking this one where the line splits off and cold water goes to each.

Idea2.jpg

I'm still debating on whether or not to have one intercooler feed each carb, or have both of them together so the air has to go through both coolers then to each carb.

Any ideas?

Also any help with the dimensions would be great.

Thanks

personally pyro , i think your way overdoing it on the coolaing factor. if you were to run one intercooler normally without the water jazz , and add an oil cooler to your oil flow , youd be just fine im sure bud. id be more worried about your oil getting hot in a domestic. you know your coolant gauge could be reading normal , while your oil is near boiling .

Its an air to water intercooler. They are more efficient, and you can run cooler intake temps with them.

I already have a second external oil cooler, but thats besides the point.

I may only go with one if i do air to water, but if I stay air to air, I'm gonna use two.

Its going on my rail also (porsche engine) so no domestic here.

oh ok im sorry i thought you were talking a domestic. even still , i think your overkill on cooling air , lol. single intercooler with an oil cooler should suffice. guys getting away with running 500 horse with nothing but an air cooled intercooler , some dont even run oil coolers , which is a mistake , imo.

cool incomming air is a MUST with any aircooled engine, the lower the temps the better. People running dual air to water intercoolers, are running 15+ lbs of boost at 10* above ambient air temps. you can't do that stuff with air-air.

omg im a total noob , i just clued into what your talking about pyro im sorry man , lol , your talking an air cooled engine , no coolant. yeah thats touchier.

From doing more research, I found that air to water works best at low speeds (obviously), and for quick runs at the strip and air to air works best at high speeds (lots of air flowing past). So I may go with one of each.

Air to water - offroading up in the mountains, when I go to the track. (throw a chunk of ice in the resivoir :devil: and i'll be set)

air to air - wot throttle runs through fields and such.

Plus as an added bonus I now have a means to cool the turbo through the water port.

Archived