Weight/throttle question.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly my point. how else would they reach , lol. ive read and heard about piston rod stretch , but never came across it personally. im sure its as rare in street cars as the boogyman , lol.

I already said thats not and, I also replied to cranny saying rod stretch relates to P-H clearance. OEM rods stretch at high RPM, which is why you want .040 P-H in road racing engines.

ok then how does the piston to head clearance automagically (lol i love that word) change?

the vaccum from the tb being slammed shut, pulls the head in closer to the piston, but the piston is moving so fast, that BAM! it hits, before the head has time to rubberband back upward.

or under high rpm's the wrist pins bend a little from the massive inertia of those lead weighted pistons?

or the arp studs don't retain their springyness any longer, and stretch out, and don't go back?

Or do you stretch out the crank?! (so thats how they make stroker cranks! I finally understand!)

oh, and the technical term for p-h clearance, is deck height.....:thumbsup:

y don't you just tell us, cause this is really dumb.....Just tell us, so we can all dissagree, and move on with our lives

which is why you want .040 P-H in road racing engines.

dude , your full of crap , .040 is wayy too much piston to deck in a B series engine dude. remember there mr "quench".

D16Z6 runs .000 stock.

B16A - .022

B16B - .026

B18C1 - .034

B18C5 - .026

so wtf are you talking about???? answer the fukin question and get on with it.

he's gonna prove he "knows" more then all of us...

he knows fuk all more than me. that i assure you.

Honda heads don't flex under vacuum. RLZ did a test on this.

Road race engines need .040 P-H. Don Flores who has built a few SCCA winning engines can verify this.

Get away from the piston end and look at the big end like I said before.

i just dont get what your saying SSR , you come here telling us one thing about piston to deck a while ago , telling everyone im an idiot and im wrong , than you come in and now all the sudden its .040?? whatever dude.

Road race engines need .040 P-H. Don Flores who has built a few SCCA winning engines can verify this.

LOL some dumbass actually did a test on that?! wow..... thats all i can say to that one.

your not gonna sit here and tell me that its the crank flexing either..... this isn't a rotary dude.

rotary is FTL.

you dont need a test to figure this out SSR , do you think honda would design interference engines with a piston to deck height of .000 if they thought anything was gonna flex or stretch? NOOOO.

so .040 PtD. and the engine would be firing depending on whats done to it , approx. 15-17 degrees BTC(approx i said) , that means the piston would be even farther than .040 when the the plug fired(im not doing the math cause it aint worth it). and your the guy that was in here talking about quench to me over B16B's build. anyways , i know your talking about piston rod stretch.

ok then ssr, there isn't anything else it could be. it isn't the crank, it isn't the bolts, it isn't the rods themselves, it isn't the wristpins, it isn't the pistons, and it certainly isn't the head. there isn't anything else in the rotating assembly that can "move".

maybe the pistons bounce around and dent the cylinder walls....or maybe a rod mysteriously lets go of the piston and shoots out the head and through the valve cover....or maybe, just maybe, your car looses power because of the heat causing the heavy pistons to expand and cause friction with the cylinder wall....

LOL i dunno...this is ridiculous.

Archived