?????Possible BAD Throwout Bearing?????

cronicsD16

Whats up to all? So I have a 99 EX with a Single Cam VTec. Recently I have noticed a really loud chatter or rattle. Before it was a really low rattle which too me it sounded like when the valves aren't adjusted properly. Until recently have I really paid attention to when it does the noise. If im in a gear at really low RPM like under 3K, the rattle is there and now it is pretty loud, it won't even do it at idle on a stop. As soon as I disengage the gear the rattle stops. I have a feeling it might be the clutch throw-out brg, am I right? From what I know the car is completely stock, which led me to believe it doesnt have any aftermarket flywheels yet. I would really appreciate the input and feedback, it would help out alot. Dont want to start tearing the car apart till I know for sure. Thanks guys!

you need mainshaft bearings , in a baddddddd way. get on it or youl be in for more exspensive fix , like a new tranny. if your sitting still in neutral with car running , let go of clutch and hear bad noises , it means your bearings are bad in your tranny. which yours are. but what do i know. ask someone who does.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived