TURBOOOO

ok my best friend/ my mechanic just got me a stage 4 turbo brand new still in the box im not sure what manufacturer yet, but i have to get all the turbo parts still (bov,header,intercooler , and piping) but im also doing a mini me swap (putting z6 head on stock D15 block but i wanna know what internals i need to redo in order to run that turbo because im pretty sure a stock motor cant handle that my guess is probably cam, valves,lifters, and putting eagle pistons and rods in???

CP pistons(rings , wrist pins , locks), eagle rods , new bearings. ARP rod bolts. thats it. the rest you can run stock. you can prolly run the bottom end stock for a while on a few lbs , but why take the chance. the head dont matter , will be fine. good head gasket thats about it. let me know when your swapping your head , ill give ya a hand wiring wise if you wish.

You can run stock internals on the bottom end, but I don't recommend it on the B7 motor. The rods and bolts are really weak. Cranny listed the best bottom end you could do. By the way just do a complete Z6 longblock, ditch the B7 block for boost.

Z6 long block, stock internals, Crome on 9psi would be fun. Would put you right at 200 or so.

And what is a Stage 4 Turbo? There aren't stages in most cases.

You can run stock internals on the bottom end, but I don't recommend it on the B7 motor. The rods and bolts are really weak. Cranny listed the best bottom end you could do. By the way just do a complete Z6 longblock, ditch the B7 block for boost.

Z6 long block, stock internals, Crome on 9psi would be fun. Would put you right at 200 or so.

its upgraded turbo capable of 28psi with the right tuning

By the way just do a complete Z6 longblock, ditch the B7 block for boost.

agreed and....

agreed , hahaha.

to be quite honest , there is no stages man , its somin hollywood invented. turbos come in different sizes period. now if you were buying a whole kit , that came with everything you needed , than i could see having stages. the parts gradually increase in power output.

Archived