HF is Becoming FTL.

I still don't see what the big deal is with post counts. Everyone is always complaining about people whoring and making useless threads to get their counts up. What's the big deal?

its like that on all forums. if you notice, theres a trend. usually the guys on here with the higher post count, know a loooot more about cars etc, than people who have 100 or 200 posts. if you notice, you start as a new member, then it changes to member, than jr member, the senior member etc. when your a post whore, it screws up the trend. the higher the post count, usually reflects whos been here longer, and of course, when someones here longer than you (higher post count/longer member ship (as far as the date they signed up) you respect them.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. I've logged in to make a final post to explain why I'm leaving. I never said anything because I honestly didn't think anyone would care. I still don't think many will care and most won't even know the difference a month from now.

Anyway, I'll agree that it's no big deal if people mis-spell stuff. I don't even mind when they mis-spell regular stuff, but when they can't even spell something they have and refuse to correct it after they're told, I can't take it. Next, almost all of the threads that are on here anymore have nothing to do with cars. My biggest hobby anymore isn't cars in general, but more specifically detailing cars. I spend more of my time on a detailing forum than on here. I'm very busy lately and it will only get worse in the future. My wife might be pregnant, school and work are tough lately and I just flat out don't enjoy posting here with all the noobs. It's not the same without all the regs that used to post a lot, Sexy, xxscaxx, XScaraudio, etc..... Also, I have some fairly big plans in the next few months for my car, but after that, I probably won't do anything to the car for many years, so I don't see the point in coming on here and talking about what I'm not gonna do to my car.

Seriously, it's nothing personal, and if this forum had a detailing specific section, I'd probably hang around only in that area, but that's not the case right now. Oh, and cranny, you wish you had that kind of power over me buddy. You know me well enough to know that I'm not going to run off because of a disagreement. I still love ya man (in a non bolander sort of way).

I'll probably check back in around a year or two and see what's changed. If their's any regs still here at that point.....I'll see ya then.

Nate

its like that on all forums. if you notice, theres a trend. usually the guys on here with the higher post count, know a loooot more about cars etc, than people who have 100 or 200 posts. if you notice, you start as a new member, then it changes to member, than jr member, the senior member etc. when your a post whore, it screws up the trend. the higher the post count, usually reflects whos been here longer, and of course, when someones here longer than you (higher post count/longer member ship (as far as the date they signed up) you respect them.

I've been here over 4 years and have only a fraction of the posts that SolLess has. Post counts indicate post whores, not who's been around the most or whatnot. There is a handful of users on here who don't come on regularly, but have been around for years and therefore have less posts that most noobs do.

Hung, if you feel like you need to leave, then so be it. You'll be missed by all of the regs. We do have the Interior/Exterior forum, which fits with detailing, IMO, but I guess that's not good enough. We don't have enough demand to require an entire forum for detailing, so the I/E forum works.

Yeah, everyone's priorities change at some point. I don't do anything to my Sol unless I have to really, and the CRX is just a slow-going project that will eventually be done. Cars have become a smaller portion of my life, but I'll still be here.

Hey, maybe you'll change your mind.

Oh geez, not one of these threads again. I have never EVER been to a forum where members cry so damn much about a growing number of new members, lack of spelling, off topic discussion, post counts, and/or volunteering themselves for moderator. Anybody else see this on other forums?

I hate to see any one of you leave this forum but I am not here to pull your arm back and make you stay. This is the internet, if you want to leave, do so but if you want to stay then you are more than welcome to stay. If you are complaining about moderating work, I can adjust and be more strict. Of all the moderators here, I am the least to warn, ban, and close. I try to be a lenient cool moderator but some don't recognize it. If you want me to beef up my job and be a TRUE MODERATOR, I will do so.

weknowdrama.jpg

I had nothing to do with this thread being made. My name came up so I posted to explain my situation. BTW, you complaining about this topic is no different than the people who start these threads to complain. I know there's a word for that but I can't spell it so I won't say. IMO, all the mods need to be a little stricter, possibly with noobs and regs alike....but seriously....what do I care at this point.

Be a mod then. I don't think anyone understood the point of this post when I made it.

I didn't make it because people mis-spell. I made it because of the fact that there is so much false info spread around. I will stay around, and start making topics worth discussing. People PM me asking me about turbo setups and stuff, and then when I answer, they give me some bullcrap response like Why did you take so long?

I think mods need to be stricter on the rules.

You want HF fun, get the real people back on here.

And 90, I like you and all of your friends, but a lot of times it is a chat fest on here with your boys lol. I don't care, just figured I'd say it before someone else did.

And TL, that pic is FTW.

After this, I'm going to try and stay out of this, but I just wanted you all to know...

Somebody asked so....I am on one other forum besides HF and that's Streetglow. There seems to be a much smaller amount of people on there, and everyone jokes around. They make stupid posts once in a while (drunk posts, random funny pics, funny stories, etc), but the thing is, no one gets upset about it. They all laugh, and move on, and continue discussing the topic at hand.

It may be due to the fact that there's less people on there. It may be that they are mostly regs and know each other, but even if those situations were reversed, there shouldn't be any change as to the way everyone reacts to each other. This classification between 'regs' and 'noobs' is just as bad as skin color discrimination, you just don't realize it because you never looked at it like that. Maybe if everyone was treated as a 'reg' there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Everyone here seems so eager to point out their 'date joined' or 'post count' as a status symbol.

I haven't once heard anyone point those out on the SG forum, and everyone there gets along perfectly. Everyone reads the topics that they want to read, everyone posts in the topics that they want to post in.

I don't have a problem with any of you. Hung seems cool, SolLes seems cool. TL, I gotta tell you, I didn't even realize you were a mod, because you seem to enjoy joking around just as much as being serious (which is a good thing). As much as everyone here is arguing right now, everyone seems to be fairly mature and levelheaded, so why can't we just move on? Do what you want to do. Leave-stay, post-ignore, help others-have fun. Whatever, it's all good, but complaining isn't going to get us anywhere...

Lol, here we go.

I don't start many conversations on here like that because most people on here are f*cking retarded. Sure, everyone needs a place to learn, just as I did.

..SSR.. never posts anymore, because he is equally fed up, Sexy's gone, Hung is DEFINITELY gone, and xxscaxx hardly ever posts. CRG, you don't even post like you used to.

I will still be here, but behind the scenes till I start a good thread or see one I wanna participate in. When most of this cycle is done with the lack of maturity, I'll post like I used to. Sorry all.

If everyone wants to still talk, PM me for my IM or email.

when something bothers me, i usually ignore it. if you see something on the forum you dont like then maybe you should just bypass it instead of getting your cute little ass all chapped about it. ignore the dumb noobs but help out the cool ones if there are any. when you post in a thread you dont like then you have no room to complain about it, what gets achieved by saying "so and so" is gay? it just makes the thread that much more worse, imo. you act like this forum revolves around you and you only, youre not happy so automatically the forum sucks. the members are what makes this forum what it is and when people flame new members and make them feel unwelcome that just goes to show why this forum is going to hell. not everyone knows as much as you but i feel anyone who is enthusiastic about hondas deserves to know everything we know without acting so put out to teach them.

ive been suspended twice, warned up to 40% in one hour and i still chose to be part of this forum, if you wanna be here behind the scenes then fine but dont expect other members to kiss your ass asking you why. i would think the member with the most posts on the forum should man up rather than back out just cause the forum isnt to your liking. this is the worst topic youve ever posted, this topic blows away all "vtech, vetech, vtek, v-teck, when does vtec kick in an auto trans" topics EVER!!! noobs have posted better topics than this. mike is mad so lets all kiss his ass... i dont f*ck*ng think so, baby.

I will still be here, but behind the scenes till I start a good thread or see one I wanna participate in. When most of this cycle is done with the lack of maturity, I'll post like I used to. Sorry all.

same here, minus the sorry all part.

That's not behind the scenes. That's what you should be doing in the first place...This is my whole point.

In all seriousness, stfu. Its your opinion, not a fact. Don't act like it is. And don't be telling him what he should be doing.

Archived