HF is Becoming FTL.

Actually, for all of you that said for me to make my own site, just wait.

One member on this site that will remain anonymous and I have been talking about it for a little while now. I like the people here, just want to talk about things such as turbo sizes/efficency, transmissions, compression, crankshafts, headwork, fabrication, or anything interesting. Not how to make VTEC louder.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can make vetch louder!?!?! I am so there!!!121

I still suggest a regs-only IRC, or at least an invite-only section for good members with ultra-strict modding.

Edit: Posts in Gen. Disc. shouldn't count to your number.

This is one of the worst threads on this forum.

Either stop complaining and do something about it, or just leave if that's how you really feel.

Not too long ago, you, 90, and all of the other new regs were noobs, so stop complaining about them. Not all of them will become regs, but some of them will, just like you did.

If you have a problem with no "intelligent" discussions on the forum, then stop complaining about it and start one up. You want to make your own site where you can talk about these things, well you can do it here too if you start up the discussion.

Then factor in exactly what cranny said, things go in cycles. Every car forum hits a point where the threads/posts in the car specific forums are few, and the majority of the discussion on any forum is in the General Discussion/Lounge areas. Yeah, we all love our cars and work on them and whatnot, but that doesn't mean that's all we have to talk about.

the difference between here and H-T is the size. H-T has many more technical threads cause there's like 30,000 members. Here, the regs know each other and i could name almost everything you guys have done to your cars. So that's why i made a thread about my car to spark discussion and questions that have to do with my build up.

On every other forum i'm on there's times just like this when there isn't a lot of technical threads, but today i logged on to G2IC.com and there was a nice huge Turbo Guide thread on how to boost a DA with all different engine set-ups. It's incredible.

And there's been some real good threads on this board with discussions between Cranny, SSR, Pyrocketeer, SolLes, etc...so right now is just a dead time, come back in a week and there may be 5 threads that get really into detail about some of the things Mike's talking about

Lol, here we go.

I don't start many conversations on here like that because most people on here are f*cking retarded. Sure, everyone needs a place to learn, just as I did.

..SSR.. never posts anymore, because he is equally fed up, Sexy's gone, Hung is DEFINITELY gone, and xxscaxx hardly ever posts. CRG, you don't even post like you used to.

I will still be here, but behind the scenes till I start a good thread or see one I wanna participate in. When most of this cycle is done with the lack of maturity, I'll post like I used to. Sorry all.

If everyone wants to still talk, PM me for my IM or email.

blackdelsol - No, I don't think I was referring to you. Instead, to SolLess, 90, and whoever else became regs around last spring.

Lol, here we go.

I don't start many conversations on here like that because most people on here are f*cking retarded. Sure, everyone needs a place to learn, just as I did.

..SSR.. never posts anymore, because he is equally fed up, Sexy's gone, Hung is DEFINITELY gone, and xxscaxx hardly ever posts. CRG, you don't even post like you used to.

I will still be here, but behind the scenes till I start a good thread or see one I wanna participate in. When most of this cycle is done with the lack of maturity, I'll post like I used to. Sorry all.

If everyone wants to still talk, PM me for my IM or email.

Well, it's good to know you aren't leaving. If you're not really going to post, then so be it. We can't make you post. Just don't complain about the lack of intelligent discussion when you're not trying to start any up either.

SSR hasn't really been around in a while. He'll post once in a while, but it's been like that for a few months at least. Sexy is always coming and going. When we think he's gone for good, he reappears for a little while. 90 mentioned that Hung posted a couple of days ago. sca still posts fairly frequently. As for me, just like everyone else, I get tired of giving the same response to every thread. Yeah, I do it from time to time still anyway, but after moderating on here, I usually don't have as much time as I'd like to post.

why is hung definately gone?

he was on a couple days ago.

Heres why, and I quote.

"The mods suck on HF....seriously, they let all the noobs get away with stupid stuff. A noob should be warned for spelling stuff wrong, because that proves that they didn't search, and didn't read the sticky's, FAQ's, Rules like they were suppossed to. So, by spelling it VTECH, they're proving they broke the rules, but the mods do nothing. HF is a freakin' joke of a forum anymore."

And,

"I think that, going off what you said. HF is a forum for beginning learners, and then you can graduate to a place like Team-Integra, Solsociety, or even Honda-Tech. Once you've learned the basics, HF is nothing more than a great big Instant Messenger."

Finally,

"I'm gone for good, I may come back in a year to see if anything's changed"

Heres why, and I quote.

"The mods suck on HF....seriously, they let all the noobs get away with stupid stuff. A noob should be warned for spelling stuff wrong, because that proves that they didn't search, and didn't read the sticky's, FAQ's, Rules like they were suppossed to. So, by spelling it VTECH, they're proving they broke the rules, but the mods do nothing. HF is a freakin' joke of a forum anymore."

And,

"I think that, going off what you said. HF is a forum for beginning learners, and then you can graduate to a place like Team-Integra, Solsociety, or even Honda-Tech. Once you've learned the basics, HF is nothing more than a great big Instant Messenger."

Finally,

"I'm gone for good, I may come back in a year to see if anything's changed"

I guess that's just too bad then. Hung's a good guy.

Warning people for spelling things wrong is never going to happen. We're not English teachers, we're moderators. We don't always spell things right, and neither does anyone else on the board. If we warned for it, then I don't think there'd be anyone left to post.

I would, Hung would.

Look at the thread made by Xero, it's titled, "Day Light Savens Time FTMFW" That's pitiful. Things like that should be changed instantly. I would think that Drew wouldn't want people looking at the site before they joined thinking we are all absolute morons for not being able to spell simple things like "Savings" just because that useless prick can't. Sorry, I absolutely hate him.

Yea, when I first joined, Hung seemed to be one of my favs. I think the first thread I read from him was when he detailed his car, and he went through all the materials and steps he used to do it, and I thought that was fantastic.

I, personally am a noob, but I think everyone here is making valid points. I understand that the 'regs' don't want to have to read through 5-10 posts on a thread before they get to one that actually says something.

If I open a thread about a topic I want to know more about, I don't want to have to read through 2 pages of posts that just say

"yea"

or

"X2"

I would like to read posts with actual material in them. No one should be warned for spelling mistakes, because we all make them. Note: SolLes, this is not how you spell efficiency (efficency).

However, people could be warned for making many unnecessary posts.

I would, Hung would.

Look at the thread made by Xero, it's titled, "Day Light Savens Time FTMFW" That's pitiful. Things like that should be changed instantly. I would think that Drew wouldn't want people looking at the site before they joined thinking we are all absolute morons for not being able to spell simple things like "Savings" just because that useless prick can't. Sorry, I absolutely hate him.

I hate when words aren't spelled correctly, either, but then again there are some words I probably don't spell right. When someone has been warned enough, he/she usually gets suspended. We can't go around losing all of the forum members to suspensions because someone didn't spell words correctly.

honestly solLes, warning someone for not spelling something right is the most retarded thing ever. no one would ever come on this site. say u misspell something by accident, you get warned for it?

its annoying seeing vtech and all that, but man, who cares.

honestly, when i first started going on forums, i was lost. i didnt know where the FAQ was, where or how to search. you cant be so strict on people.

im not trying to go against you, but that arguement is just retarded. i do agree there is a lot of BS threads, but whatever. it lets you get your post count up :laugh:

Hung FTL.

why don't you make him a mod?

he's shown that he knows plenty about detailing, why not make him a mod in a sub-forum for detailing.

I'm on Team-Integra, Honda-tech, and G2IC and there's the same amount of BS on there...T-I is a joke.

I would, Hung would.

and sir if u want to address me spell my name right. kk love ya bye.

i am sry if i dont let ppl sh it on me.

and IMO i am only an ass when it comes to "sir" most the time i am serching the net to help other ppl out. and i am sry if i havent been able to think of any good qestions latley, there isnt realy anything i want to know. i jsut come on here read post learn some sh it, try to help other ppl, and try to have fun

you guys need to lighten up seriously , specially you solles. its like 90 said , iread all the sites although dont post on them all. same bullcrap everywhere you go. and if someone wants to post a thread about daylight savings time solles , thats what general discussion is for , and they are allowed to do it there. if you dont wanna read the dont. as for hung , i like hung alot too , prolly one of the most level headed , nicest , down to earh guys on here , even though we had a little difference on american politics. and if the reason hung is gone is cause of my talking about bush , than he needs to grow up. SSR , well im not fond of his antics sometimes , but i know hes a smart dude , just wish he would be nicer and easier to discuss with , although he has been last little while which i enjoy , cause he is smart about hondas , and i like learning and discussing with other smart people.

everyone just relax and read and post same as always. theres gonna be bullcrap posts , and theres gonna be good ones. and this is the way on any other site as well.

Hung FTL.

why don't you make him a mod?

he's shown that he knows plenty about detailing, why not make him a mod in a sub-forum for detailing.

I'm on Team-Integra, Honda-tech, and G2IC and there's the same amount of BS on there...T-I is a joke.

The moderating team discusses possible new moderators, and unless we can all agree for the most part on someone be made a mod, it won't happen.

Then again, if Hung wants people to be warned for not spelling correctly (so long as what SolLess put was true, not saying it wasn't, not saying it was), then I don't think any one of us moderators could agree with that. There are many more problems with the forums at most times than people not spelling something right.

spelling errors = nothing to get upset about. we all know what they are talking about , even with the errors. its not like we or anyone here is a honda rep , or we own shares , lol , its like your personally offended when someone spells crap wrong , like who cares , lol , really. tell them thier errors , answer as bets you can with what you know , never misinform , and most importantly , TREAT OTHERS , AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED. good rule to live by.

spelling errors = nothing to get upset about. we all know what they are talking about , even with the errors. its not like we or anyone here is a honda rep , or we own shares , lol , its like your personally offended when someone spells crap wrong , like who cares , lol , really. tell them thier errors , answer as bets you can with what you know , never misinform , and most importantly , TREAT OTHERS , AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED. good rule to live by.

+1 cranny. thats what i was trying to say.

Archived