Project Del Sol

ProjectDELSOL

New to the forum. Just bought a 93 Del Sol si 1.6l sohc vtec. Going to need some advice. I want to swap the motor with the best bang for my dollar. Purchased the car monday parting out everything im not using. Not trying to make a drag racer. Thinking of more of a cheaper swap b-16 or 18. Which is the easiest to swap in. I am going to purchase complete change over and doing most the work myself. Pretty much trying to plan it out right now. Suggestions??? not trying to get crazy!! I will post the preliminary pics soon.

hes running CRVTEC i think. i say go B16A over GSR but thats just me. aint worth that much more money for 10 horse. and if you get a JDM B16A its same power as GSR minus a few ft/lbs.

haha! considering a properly built CR-VTEC would make a B18C1 and an H22 look silly...and for the price of a K20 swap, you could have a monster of a CR-VTEC...

keep trying though

keep trying? im talking about stock motors... which a crvtec would not make any of those look silly. a built one ya but thats not what im saying.

ive been debating on a boosted gsr or N/A crvtec for my crx build that im doing right now and chose the crvtec so no i dont have to keep trying, thanks tho

keep trying? im talking about stock motors... which a crvtec would not make any of those look silly. a built one ya but thats not what im saying.

ive been debating on a boosted gsr or N/A crvtec for my crx build that im doing right now and chose the crvtec so no i dont have to keep trying, thanks tho

stock motor and CR-VTEC doesn't even belong in the same sentence. there's really no point in doing a CR-VTEC if you don't atleast upgrade the pistons and rod bolts. B20 pistons simply don't make high enough compession to use VTEC cams. then again, a CR-VTEC isn't a stock Honda motor.

keep trying.:thumbsup:

i never said crvtec was stock, and not even in the same sentence. i started to type, that with the exception of a vtec head, a stock b20 would not be better. but i couldnt word it right at the time, and figured people had enough sense to know what im talking about.

im comparing a basic crvtec (b20 with vtec head, nothing more) to a stock gsr or k20 and im not talking about price. plus i put IMO for this exact reason, I would take a k20 over a gsr or crvtec, and a gsr over a crvtec. but if we were talking about built motors, i would probably still go with a k20 but out of a gsr and crvtec i would rather have a crvtec. and i know BBS is right, i never said he was wrong, hes talking about well built motors, im not.

and hung, im not trying to be a dik or anything at all, but about the price of crvtec swap vs a gsr swap. with the price of motor and install (everything needed) a b20 with vtec tranny, head, etc etc comes to about 3800, and a gsr swap comes to about 5200. thats everything mounts/linkage, ecu, wireing, motor, tranny, install etc etc. but thats what import power house (local shop) quoted when i asked them yesterday.

Not trying to be a dik, but you used them in the same sentence. There's no such thing as a stock CR-VTEC, so they're all considered "built". Oh, and you proved my point.....not only is a CR-VTEC superior to a GSR, but for a lower cost. For the difference in money you could swap pistons and cams and a tune with hondata on the CR-VTEC and kill a stock GSR.....for the same or less money.

Oh and I make my comments being bias toward the GSR (seeing as that's what I drive).

Archived