Video Clip of my GSR

CleanGSR

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was kiddin bout that too..

my mom is alive layin on the couch.

Your such a piece of crapt dude saying your mom is dead is nothing to joke about or maybe that is just my point of view becuase I love my mom and I would die for her, your a real piece of work.

EDIT: And Hung, for the record I think your GSR is beautiful and I love the hood and the wheels so dont listen to Billy, if I didn't like your Teg I would tell you I have nothing to hide.

yeah, crapty crap does happen. now i have some ugly enkei rims that a friend gave me off his little volvo sports car, the s40 or something like that. the tires are too big a profile and the rims are 18's so they dont even fit on my car. rollin steelies still.

90jdmaccord is 4x4? huh

EBP_EM1's car looks like a 4x4. needs to lower it

what the hell is going on.

i love hung's car cept the rims could be changed i guess.

billy's car is like a 4x4, as everyone else has already stated.

my car is slow and has ghey headlights.

everyone could be picky about others cars, but we're all working just as hard on them to make them as nice as possible....unless the cars are sh!t, im not gonna bash them hardcore...

Hung: Get a Skunk 2 IM and you will thank me later, I recommend a Throttle Body upgrade as well, they usually sell packages like that....but yea its great on my teg.....i have non vtec, but i notice the pull at high RPM's

Yeah, I want to get a new IM pretty bad. The only thing that worries me is that I've heard it's a bitch to install. I've actually heard this from a lot of different people. I'm sure it will be worth it, just not looking forward to a weekend of pulling my hair out.

honest to god hung take my word for it. im not sure how good you are with cars so this depends on that. get a new head gasket when your gonna put the new IM on it. unhook wire harness , throttle and CC cables , all hoses and whatever else misc. , and undo the e xhaust from the head , do it when engine is hot and use penetrating fluid for few days prior(youl have to undo the 2 bolt bracket holding the exhaust from underneath to get any play in it , possibly the spring bolts if you have any issues with getting ex. manny far engouh away from the head). once you get everything undone from intake manny and exhaust manny away from engine enough. whip your dizzy off. whip your cam wheels off(after marking where the belt sat on them). take valve cover off , undo the head bolts from middle out using half turns at a time till they are out. label which hole each one came out of or lay them out accordingly. now remove the head from the engine. this will allow you to clean the combustion chambers so there like new , clean tops of pistons off , and take your old intake manny off and place new one on with ease. make sure mating surfaces are clean enough to eat off , and have someone help you sitting head on the block and new gasket to make it easier and so you dont score the mating surfaces as well. this will not only make putting your new IM on a snap , but hey youl have a new head gasket and clean internals again as well , and its actually easier than just changing the intake manny.

i didnt say anything about draining AF , but im sure you know about it , lol , if not all this. if you need any torque specs let me know but i think you got a manual.

Well, I'm not sure I wanna go through all that. I'm not sure what my advantage would be since my car is pretty low mileage. Oh, and that doesn't sound anywhere as easy as the directions I saw on swapping IM's. Or, you could fly down to Missouri for awhile and help me do all that.

i wish i could help you out hung , id be there whenever you wanted to do it. better yet i wish my shop was down there too , lol. if you absolutely dont want to take the head off for whatever reason , than do it the old fashion way , just strip everything out of the way before you start. it can be done obviously , without taking head off , but be prepared to have scraped knuckles , lol. this mod is gonna cost you blood , sweat and cursing , hahaha. but it will definitely be worth it.

not that its hard , no job is hard with the right knoledge and just as importantly , the right tools. just much easier to get old one off , clean stuck on debris , get the new one on while lining gaskets up , so on so forth you know what im sayin.

Archived