mustang problem

Timmythewop89

ur right solLes, i LOVE working on my car. and yea, im gonna replace the piston heads. Im prolly gonna get some 9:1 compression pistons...and headwork w/ cams, AEM camgears. and im gonna get an "ebay" turbo kit....but im throwin the turbo away and get a GReddy turbo.

you do have more CI timmy , but honest to god im not saying this cause im a ford guy , but ford makes better power than chev , big or small. and if your a true engine fan and know your crap youl agree. so youl always have to be one step up on him to beat him. for one thing , hes got too big of of a carb , so his car i know 100% is not running as strong as it could. with stock heads(if its HO heads , high output) , he should be running no more than a 650 DB(double pumper). 750 is too big. and if hes got his car geared for 1/4 mile now , im assuming hes got at least 3.70's range if not 4.11's with that 3 speed.

if he was to throw a 75 shot on that car , he would pwn you , lol. hes be pickin a front wheel up off the line with slicks and frame connectors(weld on's , cause bolt on's are poop). if he was to throw a 650 carb on that and let me play with his timing for an hour and the carb , would work better. 750=too much fuel for a 302 windsor smallblock. if that was a mechanical secondary carb , it would bog off the line. but most likely its vacuum secondary.

not only is his carb way to high, but he is way overcammed. he has a bigger cam then me butnot only does it csound like crap, no other part in his motor is matched to it. this is a 290 cam and he has a performer intake manifold. it doesnt even idle nice, but because its loud all the gay redneck kdis think its badass but none of htem have a ear fir stuff like that because they dont kno anything. my cams a comp cams 280h and it makes more overlap then his. he doesnt even have aftermarket rockers or springs. as for the chevy/ford comment, when ford builds there crate motors and such, they do incorprate better internal designs that help with the travel of oil and the moving of air in and out, but that is why their parts are more costly. when it comes to durability chevy and ford are right next to each other, but when it comes to working on, ide much rather work on a chevy. it jsut seems to me that every time ive worked on a ford compared to a chevy, even with simple things, has been more of a hassle. the one thing with chevy v8's, is i think oyu get more bankg for your buck. i am getting a rear end out of a chevy truck, with comes stock with 3.73's.

really all i need is the rear end, heads, and a all manual valve body with ratchet shift. as for heads, im taking some HO heads off a 305, because of their small combustion chambers. im going to try to achieve about 10:1 compression after porting and milling them and porting the intake manifold ot match. that alone should set me ahead of him, but my tranny is a real slug with its valve body. its great and strong in the manual 1 and 2 gears, but when you drop it in 3rd it doesnt grip fully because it thinks whether it wants to downshift or stay the same. eventually im getting a th-400 tranny but that doesnt have to happen soon, 700r4's are strong tranny's. like i said about the rear end, if i find myself a truck with 3.73's and hopefully disk brakes in teh back, then ill be good to go. and he has stock heads by the way.

ive got a turbo 400 in my pontiac,build the 700 and keep overdrive or you will be spending a lot on gas with the3:73 gears.art carr and others offer built 700s ready to drop in for about 1200 bucks.i used to live in connecticut about 30 years ago,pretty good street racing back then.

lastnight i raced him twice, we raced when we got onto the highway then raced after the u turn back. the first time i started way after him and the second time was dead on. it was a first gear role at 25 mph. beeped 3 times, floored it, went right through my third gear and we were going 110 before i hit the brakes. i won. whoot whoot. the war is over for now and there wil be no more racing for me. he is the only kid i will race really because all the other cars suck. also, when we were leaving the off ramp and heading back to town there was a cop pulling onto the highway. that was close.

lastnight i raced him twice, we raced when we got onto the highway then raced after the u turn back. the first time i started way after him and the second time was dead on. it was a first gear role at 25 mph. beeped 3 times, floored it, went right through my third gear and we were going 110 before i hit the brakes. i won. whoot whoot. the war is over for now and there wil be no more racing for me. he is the only kid i will race really because all the other cars suck. also, when we were leaving the off ramp and heading back to town there was a cop pulling onto the highway. that was close.

Well done.

Archived