Wanted: Knowledgable forum members to teach n00bie

(l2><

I have alot of questions and I was wondering if there was a couple of you that wanted to help enlighten me. =D

First question: WTF do the 'Si' and 'DX', 'CX', etc. thingies mean? What's the difference between them? Is it a difference in the motor or just the shell?

HF is slow as fuk lol and the Si is the good one, from the factory. its the difference in the motor and the shell. Si's come with a sunroof and disc brakes in the rear. but ive heard a sunroof can come on any of them so im not sure on that part. its basically just the trim level of the car just like new cars today.

• 2 weeks later...
HF is slow as fuk lol and the Si is the good one, from the factory. its the difference in the motor and the shell. Si's come with a sunroof and disc brakes in the rear. but ive heard a sunroof can come on any of them so im not sure on that part. its basically just the trim level of the car just like new cars today.

ACtually, not to be a hardass, but i've met a couple that bought matching 1991 CRX Si's from the dealer in 91. They ordered it WITHOUT a sunroof. from 88-89 the Si's had the option of drums or disks in the rear.

HF = high fuelage.

difference is the motor, brakes, weight, interior, just different options.

n e thing else?

thats not being a hardass lol, its basically what i said but you said they had the OPTION of having discs or a sunroof. One of my friends in cali had an HF, but i guess he could drive pretty well, made it look faster then it should be lol.

So, how is my Si different from the base model?

Well naturally, you should have (if 88-91) a d16 type engine. You should also have a sunroof... As for your interior, you should either have a black on off black or a blue on grey interior with factory recaro seats.

that's abt all i know....O yea, and you have Si on the back.

Well naturally, you should have (if 88-91) a d16 type engine. You should also have a sunroof... As for your interior, you should either have a black on off black or a blue on grey interior with factory recaro seats.

that's abt all i know....O yea, and you have Si on the back.

to kind of finish what you were getting at... if its 84-87, the Si has a sunroof, alloy rims, rear spoiler, and its fuel injected, and again says Si on the back lol

back than , it meant mpfi instead of dpfi. sunroof(here in canada anyways). disc brakes only available on 90-91 crx's here as well. swaybars on the Si models , better trim package inside and out , and like mentioned earlier , alluminum wheels.

back than , it meant mpfi instead of dpfi. sunroof(here in canada anyways). disc brakes only available on 90-91 crx's here as well. swaybars on the Si models , better trim package inside and out , and like mentioned earlier , alluminum wheels.

Multi-Port Fuel Injection/Dual-Port Fuel Injection?

Aaaalso, this guy at Best Buy says he has an H22 block with a VTEC head (and a turbo which he's gonna give me for free if I buy it), says it's a '90(I think?) with 14k on it. He's gonna sell it to me for $400-500. Opinions?

Jesus f*cking Christ I can't get over how sexy that pic is. Anyways, I'm getting a full inspection done on my rex in the morning, it's got a lot of work that needs to be done, but that's what I wanted, a lil project car. Details will be posted tomorrow. I'm thinking about trying to do all the work myself, with help from my more knowledgable friends, of course. But whenever I get around to the suspension, I'm probably gonna get that done professionally, idk.

Jesus f*cking Christ I can't get over how sexy that pic is. Anyways, I'm getting a full inspection done on my rex in the morning, it's got a lot of work that needs to be done, but that's what I wanted, a lil project car. Details will be posted tomorrow. I'm thinking about trying to do all the work myself, with help from my more knowledgable friends, of course. But whenever I get around to the suspension, I'm probably gonna get that done professionally, idk.

what pic are you talking about? and yeah, doing the work yourself is good, but dont jump into serious stuff until you know what youre doing. it would suck to have your car not running stuck in your driveway.

Yea, and suspension isnt hard to do at all. Ur gonna pay out the ass for someone else to do it. just buy ur shocks, springs, bushings, sway bars, strut bars, and all that good stuff. it's not hard to put on at all. get the 5 way adj. shocks. those are niceee!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Wtf is VX?

ok i am a noob but a lil leg work on the internet and 5 mins can find u alot

Initially, the Civic was offered in two body styles with four engines and five (count 'em) trim levels. A fourth model, the sporty 2-seater Del Sol was added to the lineup in 1993, along with a new 2dr coupe sporting a conventional trunk. Trim levels varied based on body style. The sedan was available in DX, LX and EX trim. The coupe came as a LX or EX model, and the hatchback went from the stripper CX, through mid-level DX and "clean and lean" VX models, up to the fancy Si model. The Del Sol could be had in S, Si and from '94 on, VTEC form.

Engine and transmission availability varied based on model. The bread and butter DX and LX models came equipped with a 1.5 liter, 102 horsepower 4-cylinder powerplant. The stripper CX hatchback made due with a 1.5 liter four making a paltry 70 horsepower. EX and Si models benefited from a 1.6 liter, 125 horsepower four. The VTEC Del Sol introduced in 1994 housed a double-overhead cam, high-output version of the 1.6 liter engine that produced an eye-opening 160 horses.

The VX model and it's lean, low emission design manages 92 horsepower from 1.5 liters.

The DX, LX and EX models were equipped with either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission. The other models only came with Honda's excellent manual transmission.

Archived