Help a n00b??

(l2><

that's a good deal on 90's motor, because it's already build up a bit. with a little fab it would work in your car. if you're really going to pass up a deal like that, then just do some searching...many many topics to look through

you can take a motor from a newer crx. yolu could also drop in any civic motor, integra motor, prelude motor, hell, ive seen a crx with a v8 in it. it all depends on what you want to do kid.

honestly, you can just buy my H22 for 2 G's and do a little extra work to install it and run 12's....

or buy a D16 or B16 and run 16's all day, then spend all the extra money to make it faster....

so.

buy my motor.

Lmfao @ C1

<3

I'm actually not really interested in track times at this point, I just want something I can put a couple hundred dollars here and there in to, so I can learn. My next car, sure, I'll buy your motor.

Tyvm @ rbo, that's pretty much what I was wanting to know.

90's full of crap. If you swapped in a B16 you wouldn't run 16's. You'd run 14's and it would be a much easier swap to perform. He had a lot of problems when trying to install his. B series swaps are very easy in comparison. Turbo a stock B16 in a CRX and you'll be running 12's with a lot less headaches.

Lol, it won't be. I don't know crap. That's why I wanted this car so bad, apparently Hondas are good cars to learn on. And let's face it, they're frackin sexy. My dream is to drop a ITR motor into a '91 rex Si. That's about the extent of my ambitions at this point though. With this car, I'm eventually gonna go for an engine swap, and as soon as I get my hands on a good motor I'm gonna start beasting it out. Til then, I'm hapy to just pull apart what I can in my spare time and see if I can get it back together without f*cking anything up too bad, lol.

I'd totally buy your engine if I had the money, man. It'd be a sweet swap to do, provided I had another car to drive while I kept having to order new parts everytime I tried to complete another part of the swap.

Yea go with a b16 or b18. Heck go with a mini me. oorrr you can be like this fool that lives around here who dropped a toyota V6 in it and thinks he's badass.....I can beat him in my car. what a loser.

but seriously. b16 ftw. You cant go wrong. they are great for boost. i'd do it. haha. no wait, thats what im in the process of doing

Because for 3000 it sucks IMO. The only time I would get a B16 is when boosting.

I know too many people who have SI's with bolt ons and just want a GSR or any other motor. B16 = no torque. D16 with bolt ons and cam owns B16 with bolt ons. And you save about 2500.

Solles - I dont think that a d16 w/ bolt ons can beat me. I mean my b16 has really no weight it's pushin in the rex. I've raced plenty of d16a6s w/ bolt ons in 2nd gen rexs and owned them. I've also raced d16y8s w/ bolt ons and owned them. I guess it's all offa experience and not just numbers. I forgot who said it, but in another thread someone said that the b16 owns if you know how to drive it.

dont ride me abt this man, it's just from experience. and the b16 is a nice platform hung.

well ls vtec is a great platform, so are B16's...

B18b1's are great with boost, my friend has one in his EF...ran 13.2

uhhhhh, i love d16Z6's and Y8's

cr vtec is sweet

solLess forgot k20's and K24's...they're awesome...

and F20C is nice

H22a is a good, torquey motor....

so all in all, there are a lot of great honda platforms out there, it just depends on how you build them that determine's the results.

Every motor is ghreat and ahs potential.

B16man - The B16 is a good platform, but you have been racing the wrong bolt on A6's. Trust me. Stock for stock the A6 would lose, not get owned.

A6 with I/H/E, VTEC head completely stock, and new IM would probably do about a 15.3 - 15.5. Throw a new clutch and flywheel and suspension in the mix and you're talking high 14's. I promise.

Archived