Just want to introduce myself

Evo_Jr

Hi, I'm David. I drive a mitsubishi but hope to be a Honda soon. I drive a Lancer and it's a pain in the butt to get parts for. You see hondas everywhere. Headers for $100, Turbo kits for $700. lol Headers for my car are $400 and Turbo kits for $2k, $3k and so on.

Anyways I just want to learn a little more about Honda engines and meet new ppl! I'll have a few things for sale as well.

Welcome to HF. Let me caution you though. To get any half way decent parts for a honda, you'll be spending the same as on your lancer. The $100 headers are junk and the cheapest one that's any good is the DC Sports for around $300. Some of the really good headers go for almost $1000. The $700 turbo kits you've seen are also junk. Most likely they are poor welds and the manifolds will crack, and I've even heard of turbo's literally falling apart on these kits. Any of the decent kits will cost around $3,000 and the really great kits will cost closer to $5k. You can build some good turbo setups for around $2500 though if you piece it together yourself. So, yes you can get cheap parts for hondas, just not quality parts for cheap.

Welcome to HF. Let me caution you though. To get any half way decent parts for a honda, you'll be spending the same as on your lancer. The $100 headers are junk and the cheapest one that's any good is the DC Sports for around $300. Some of the really good headers go for almost $1000. The $700 turbo kits you've seen are also junk. Most likely they are poor welds and the manifolds will crack, and I've even heard of turbo's literally falling apart on these kits. Any of the decent kits will cost around $3,000 and the really great kits will cost closer to $5k. You can build some good turbo setups for around $2500 though if you piece it together yourself. So, yes you can get cheap parts for hondas, just not quality parts for cheap.

ahhh ok, ok. Well Ive seen some on Ebay. Thats where I get my prices and go from there. Deal with another person trying to sell me something, I'll just look at Ebay's prices lol. So they are not as different as I thought. Cool. lol. I kind of like my Car since nobody has a Lancer around where I live. and about 8-10 people at school drive Hondas. But we are all friends lol.

lol and I like your signature. lol the brake haha

buy an old prelude, then buy my H22a.

you'll fly.

lol Thats what I've been looking to get the most. A Prelude but I really don't like the dash in the older model, and the new ones are a lil too pricey.

haha yeah most Hondas I see are ricy. My way of going was maybe a sleeper. Small Hatch with 16's and dropped. Maybe 17's. Then just hit it under the engine. But thats a dream right now. Hopefully it will come true one day lol

i wouldnt mind having a del sol. anyone wanna trade? but i do like the civic body style (96-99). i think they had it right with that style. not this new one, reminds me too much of the new eclipses

i wouldnt mind having a del sol. anyone wanna trade? but i do like the civic body style (96-99). i think they had it right with that style. not this new one, reminds me too much of the new eclipses

I do agree with him. I love that civic body style, but I started the same. Hated Del Sols. Always saw tham as chick cars, but now they look good if you do them right

cant go wrong with a civic. also, try to avoid ebay. you never know what condition those parts are in

Probably 75% off my CRX is from eBay... but they're OEM JDM parts...

----

Welcome to the forums!

Ill trade you straight across.

Have you seen my car yet? lol.

My friend used to have that stock green Del sol with body kit, dropped on 17's. It was clean. Not like a ricy honda

17's on a del Sol is not clean, nor are body kits on del Sols.

buy you a Rex and drop it. keep it clean tho. If u get a body kit, get a mugen. it looks very similar to OEM. i personally like the OEM look. it keeps the authorities away. put you some 16" 5 spoke brushed aluminum rims on it and have fun. it'll look good and well go a bit faster w/ some bolt ons.

that's just my opinion. I found a 91 rex that im gonna do that with. just keepin it stock really.

There ya go. If it's the red one on your signature, then it is clean. It kind of looks like, like the front is a lil higher than the back. Not sure thou

do you mean the suspension or the actual kit? the rear and sides of the kit are pretty close to perfect, and the front is a tad lower. as for suspension, its dropped 2" all the way around, but the rear is more tucked

do you mean the suspension or the actual kit? the rear and sides of the kit are pretty close to perfect, and the front is a tad lower. as for suspension, its dropped 2" all the way around, but the rear is more tucked

Yeah. The back looks lower but idk. lol. Mine is only dropped in the front for ow until I get enought money to buy 2 tires for my rims. For now, I have 18's so it looks all weird. lol. Oh wells, gets me from point A to B

Archived