THROTTLE BODY, TPS, AND MAP SENSOR

VTEC1981

Hello everyone,

I have a 95 cx, with a jdm spec b16a motor. I have the jdm spec harness in it as we speak. The car starts and runs. But there is one problem, there is no throttle position sensor and map sensor. People are saying with jdm spec b16a engines the map sensor is located on the frame itself. I was wondering would my single camp tps and map sensor work? Or would I have to buy another throttle body from another b series motor.

Also on my cousins type r engine his map sensor is located right on the throttle body. Will it matter where my map sensor is located just as long as its plugged in? I know the TPS cannot be relocated, but since they mount the map sensor on the frame could I also do the same. Also do you guys know exactly where the plugs to the map sensor are? Should I go with the US spec single cam harness or stick with the jdm harness? Thanks!

Archived