gen 3+ integras

sonnyjc3

i totally was under the impression that all integras generation 3 and up had vtecs. like the b18c5 i know does, but like i thought like all the b18 motors had vtec. but i was googling something, and the guy said that there wasnt vtec. and then i thought about it, and it made sense as to why they use the b18c1 for an lsvtec in conjunction with a b16 head, cuz the b16 head i know for sure has vtec. and then i googled lsvtecs and i read about how the c1 wasnt made to support vtec, and i was reading something about how you had to modify something to get the head to fit on there or something. its all confusion now. but anyways is that true, about b18s not having vtec?

C1 not made for VTEC? uhhh...I'm not the greatest engine person around at the moment, so any of y'all can chime in...

...but sonny, i think you got some things confused:

-Honda, for the most part, uses VTEC on its highest models. For the Integra, it was on the GSR and Type R. Everything else was a plain ol' motor.

-LS/VTEC basically uses the LS block which is a B18B1 and they slap it together with various B-series VTEC heads, such as the B18C1 or C5 or what have you.

Hope that clears things up

C1 not made for VTEC? uhhh...I'm not the greatest engine person around at the moment, so any of y'all can chime in...

...but sonny, i think you got some things confused:

-Honda, for the most part, uses VTEC on its highest models. For the Integra, it was on the GSR and Type R. Everything else was a plain ol' motor.

-LS/VTEC basically uses the LS block which is a B18B1 and they slap it together with various B-series VTEC heads, such as the B18C1 or C5 or what have you.

Hope that clears things up

yah for the most part. like i said, i was under the impresion that 99 percent of all dohc motors honda made were vtecs. so only the gsr and type r integras have vtec. okay.

Archived