thinking of getting a honda Fit.

hey all. new here. Great forum. First off I have nothing against honda owners. I currently own a 2006 corolla LE 4 speed auto and lovin it! Situations have come up where I need either a truck or hatchback. Looking into the honda fit sport with 5 speed manual. Need to haul medium to big boxes with stuff in them, mountain bike, bags of mulch, chainsaw, weedwhacker, leaf blower in it. Can I haul al this stuff around in it?

Thnaks.

i've seen the inside of them...and i doubt you could fit all those things inside. look into the honda pilot...it's pretty roomy, i think you could fit that stuff into a pilot. someone on here bought one and he seems to like it. i would suggest test driving them both and see which one you prefer. in the long run, though, i would rather have the pilot; but that's a matter of personal taste

Im not going to haul those things around daily. Just needed to know for bringing them in for service. Of course I would clean them off before putting them in the fit, lol. And no muddy bike in back, thats what a bike rack is for.

sorry to have confused u guys, was tired when I typed it last night.

How is the interior quality, is it very reliable car, how is the leg and arm room (im 6 foot 3, 180 lbs) and very preppy engine and smooth shifting and gas milage combo (city/highway)

Thanks

Edited by Josh1981

The honda fit is known for it's many interior configurations. It is the most versatile in it's class in this category and will out "haul" (as far as room) any other car in it's class. Of course, car's in this class are not going to be able to haul very much weight due to their weak power. I think you'd be better off looking at the element (like mentioned above) unless you aren't hauling very heavy cargo.

You have to think that its a subcompact car so its good for gas milage with comfort so it'd a great commuter but you'd have better luck with a truck or as stated above for hauling most of what you said but the gas milage in a truck will be not so good compared to the fit.

i love the new Fit. i would def buy one if i had extra money....

but to haul things like that you're better off getting something a little bigger like the Honda Element, Toyota Highlander, or Dodge Magnum lol...

my buddy shane just bought one at work for his woman. 30 dollar gas tank canadian(at 1.10 a litre on the average which is sick but another story , lol) , lasts him almost 600 km's. which is insane gas mileage. he says it goes ok too.

Have you looked into the CR-V?

I love to drive my moms, I have fun whippin around in that thing... luckily she dosent drive anything but stick... and she can fit both my little brothers bikes in the back and some. Its one of the smaller SUV's but its still got some balls, and plus its got that AWD for when you need it.

Edited by GsrCrx

Get a CRV and a GSR head :ph34r:

Haha, I should steal my moms...

Take the head off my GSR....

Put it on, and watch what she does on her way to work monday.

EDIT: Jacked sorry!

Edited by GsrCrx

Ha...that would actually be really awesome to do a CR-Vtec build in an actual CRV. That probaly wouldn't be all that hard either.

**Shrug**

If by chance, my mom decides to give me her crv, and magically a hole blows through the block of the gsr while its sitting in my driveway... It could happen lol.