GT28RS VS. GT3037

Chubs

Well im going to have about 3000$ by the end of this week and after I get my camshafts, TB and IM on im going to start on my turbo project. I have narrowed it down to two. The Garrett GT28RS (Disco Potato) and the Garrett GT3037. I am leaning towards the potato because I really want that quick spool PLUS I am going to be running this on stock internals. BUT I have a friend that is going to be selling me his JDM H22 long block and I am going to buy that and build it but that wont be done for say another year tops, but after thats done and I put the long block on I am going to be pushin hopefully more HP then 290 which is like the max HP the potato is good for, thats was why I considered the GT3037 because it also has a pretty good spool but I dont know if that would be good to run on stock internals, AND my compression is 10:1, not good for boost so I will prolly not run over 6 psi till I lower the compression. Which ?? SolLes shed some of your turbo IQ onto this thread.

It depends on what you're looking for man.

Go with the GT30, and boost about 9 - 10psi on Hondata or Neptune. As lond as you get a good tune, that 10:1 compression won't be bad, as I know many B16's running 10psi stock internals, and making almost 300whp. With supporting mods, you're spool can be made faster (good cams, good flowing head, etc.)

Boost it already, and do an H2B tranny conversion.

I have made my mind up on the GT30 because its good for 480 WHP, I have just always been a big fan of the GT28 but that is just a little too small for the setup im going for, I have stage 3 crower all motor camshafts, valve springs and retainers and a skunk2 IM and skunk2 70mm throttle body that I need to get on but after that im picking up the turbo then Total performance racing putting it in with their custom made TPR intercooler w/ charge pipes, hondata S300, HKS Bov and im not sure on the manifold, have any suggestions on the manny ? This is going to be my daily driver so ill prolly fun between 7-10 PSI daily on stock internals.

I havn't, I do alot of professional videography and I have 2 canon GL2's, im selling one of them because I have no use for it and im selling it for 3k and im also selling one of my century optics lenses for 600 dollars.

Archived