gsr in a crx

lilcrxthatculd

about 5k if you do it yourself. you would need to re-wire the whole car cuz there are no conversion harnesses that i know of for that. mounts are about 500 for a good set (hasport) that puts you at 4k just in those parts. you also need linkage, axles etc. that would be a sick ass ride though. the 1st gen rex is crazy light, with a GSR in it, pretty fast id say lol. good luck if you do it

Just shy of 2k Lbs.

your point? under 2k is light. lighter then other hondas and most cars in general. i did my won "weight reduction" on mine and got it to about 1800 give or take (its been about 4 years so i dont remember exactly)... but thats pretty damn light.

your point? under 2k is light. lighter then other hondas and most cars in general. i did my won "weight reduction" on mine and got it to about 1800 give or take (its been about 4 years so i dont remember exactly)... but thats pretty damn light.

i dont think he was saying it was heavy.

Pointing out it's weight for those of you who didn't know. You wanna be a weiner about it though, I can see where my help won't be going in the future...ass.

Pointing out it's weight for those of you who didn't know. You wanna be a weiner about it though, I can see where my help won't be going in the future...ass.

how you get me being an ass or d*ck out of my comment i have no clue but ok. just like i misunderstood you pointing out the weight issue.

the way you posted it made it seem like you were saying its not as light as I made it sound.

how you get me being an ass or d*ck out of my comment i have no clue but ok. just like i misunderstood you pointing out the weight issue.

the way you posted it made it seem like you were saying its not as light as I made it sound.

Anybody with half a brain should realize that by pointing out that a car weighs less than a ton, is saying it's light. Just sayin...

nah ive already thought about a h22 in it but i decided not to, and decided to do the gsr swap and boost, but this is all after i graduate.

if your gonna boost it and really build it up, just get an LS with a gsr head. its alot cheaper then a gsr so you could get started before you graduate :D lol or put it towards more mods, but if your just gona boost it with little mods then id stick with the gsr.

i dont know how the aftermarket mounts would make the gsr sit in the bay but i know the stock motor is pretty close to the front end, almost too close for a turbo(thats y the aftermarket kit is mounted behind the motor instead of in front). will it fit with little or no modification? anyone? thats somethin to think about too if you arent wanting it to be a money pit.

are you looking for a really fun daily driver or a well built little racer? haha. im interested to buy another 1st gen just to do somethin crazy to it lol. i had one and totalled it, i miss it... when do u graduate?

Okay, well i checked out my friends set up that he had. the only thing that you are going to have to do with the boost on a b block in a first G is take out your radiator, get a halfstack. the intercooler is going to have to either be a side mount, or a really tall one. the exhaust manifold will have to be customed. Either that or i think XS makes one for the swap. "That Guy" - The hasport kit mounts in the front. It actually bolts onto the a/c compressor bolt holes on the head and it sits deeper into the engine bay. This allows for the turbo to sit below the radiator support bar. Idk about all of this, this is just from what i've seen. So dont slander me on all of this.

"Hung" - i know, i was just having a bad day. Sorry man. any advice on boosting my b16?

I have a guy that has some GSR cams...i can get them for around $50. PM me and give me ur input.

Well it depends on how fast you want to be. A decent turbo setup on a stock B16 would hit 250whp on a conservative tune at around 7-8psi. That would be good for high 12's in your car if you had good launches. I wouldn't waste my time with a GSR cam if you're going turbo.

Well it depends on how fast you want to be. A decent turbo setup on a stock B16 would hit 250whp on a conservative tune at around 7-8psi. That would be good for high 12's in your car if you had good launches. I wouldn't waste my time with a GSR cam if you're going turbo.

Okay, well im going to go for an adjustable boost. Im going to try to be able to have 20psi. but when i start workin on my S10...it's gonna be my only ride. So im gonna have to put it down to about 10psi. I was gonna go for some stage 2 crower cams. Im going to rip apart the head and have it built. any suggestions on the pistons? compression ratio? I have the Y1 tranny i want. just let me know everything that u'd do.

Well, I'd run CP pistons 9.5 CR with crower rods. I'm not the most knowledgable on cams to be honest. I'd talk to SSR about headwork to get done and would probably go with whatever RM cams he suggested. If you fully build your motor you should have no problem running 14psi daily on the streets and I'd run about 18 on the track to be safe. You'll definately need a LSD with boost. Tuning is the key to a build lasting and being safe. With a proper tune, I'd drive my car at 10psi daily on a stock motor. With a bad tune, I wouldn't even run 6 psi if you get my point.

yea okay, so my stock 10.4:1 arent decent? Im tryin to stay outta the block - lol. I dont wanna work THAT much on the engine. I'm gonna do this engine right. and while it's sittin in the garage, im gonna fix all the dents, i might put the OEM sunroof back in. Im also gonna give the rex a bit of color so i can ride in style w/ my bov turnin heads. haha.

well i'll go ask SSR now. thanks!

yea okay, so my stock 10:4/1 arent decent? Im tryin to stay outta the block - lol. I dont wanna work THAT much on the engine. I'm gonna do this engine right. and while it's sittin in the garage, im gonna fix all the dents, i might put the OEM sunroof back in. Im also gonna give the rex a bit of color so i can ride in style w/ my bov turnin heads. haha.

well i'll go ask SSR now. thanks!

btw i have a LSD....but i kinda need a rebuild on it. my forks, syncs, and linkage has all gone bad.

Archived