leaking oil

civic1

ok in my civic (89) i have a 94 swap. it still has the original 89 si tranny. i am leaking a little bit of oil. about every week it is 1/2 quart oil. i think it is coming from the tranny and motor seal. not sure. anyone kno what it might be. thanks :thumbsup:

ok in my civic (89) i have a 94 swap. it still has the original 89 si tranny. i am leaking a little bit of oil. about every week it is 1/2 quart oil. i think it is coming from the tranny and motor seal. not sure. anyone kno what it might be. thanks :thumbsup:

Just jack the car up on both sides, look where it's coming from. If it is too hard to see from accumulated oil sludge, then clean everything very well with brake clean, then drive it for a couple hours and look at it again. the new drip will show you where it's coming from. :D

the oil pan gasket. dont know how much it is yet, im still constantly adding oil to my car until payday.

same for me.. til paypay. :crazy:

btw::

you dont need to use brake cleaner, just look at the pan gasket, drainplug , tranny. etc

dark oil?:: engine oil

somewhat clear like new oil?:: tranny oil + automatic (pink leak)

gaskets dont cost much, $20-$30

oil cant come out from in between the engine and tranny. wipe everything and look a few days later. its prolly coming from the dizzy o-ring , the valve cover , or oil pan gasket. where does the oil gather under the car?

oil cant come out from in between the engine and tranny. wipe everything and look a few days later. its prolly coming from the dizzy o-ring , the valve cover , or oil pan gasket. where does the oil gather under the car?

not true.. in some cases ive had with customers, and looked at some vehicals that have rear main seal leaks.

very true VR , my bad on jumping the gun. rear main seal absolutely would cause it to come from there. no need to take tranny off. tranny stiffening brackets come off thats it. easy job really.

Archived