tail lights out

zay386

here i am again with another problem. well i was driving and my dash lights went out and i replaced the fuse with the 15amp that it had in it before then i raised it to 20, then 30amps and it still blew. then i found out my taillights was not working either. i know someone on here has had the same problem with the taillights. can somene please help me. the signal still works and the brake lights still work when i press on the brakes but when i turn the headlights on they do not come on.

you should only put in what your manual tells you for amp wattage. thats probably why its blowing out.

if your taillights arent working, check the amp or just the bulbs. if it keeps doing it, you have a shortage somewhere in your wiring.

haha same thing happend to my car, cept it was worst. i tried to wire in my city lights on my jdm one piecers, while mildly intoxicated, yet in full knowledge that electical is totally not my thing. lmao. i went to shucks got a whole bucnha wires, male and female connectors, and switches etc. and the guy asked me if i was making a bomb. so anyway, i went online and found out what each color of the wires in my headlights did, so i could attach the city lights to the parking lights. so i exposed the parking light wires, and put some wire from the exposed part to the actual light bulb, and got nothing. i got frustrated, and quit, and was driving home from my friends house, and i get tail gated by a truck and he keeps flashing his hi beams. im thinking wat an ass, and i just happend to pass 3 cops that had pulled over a mustang. get half a mile down the road, and they lit me up like a xmas tree. from merely exposing a small portion of wire, my dashboard lights stopped working. my clock worked, but when i turned on my blinkers it would flash, as well as my dome light. when i turned on either my left or right blinker they would both light up at the same time and flash but never completly dim its like the light pulsated. my parking lights stopped working, and when my headlights were on my brake lights wouldnt work, but when my headlights were off my brake lights would work. eh, so anyway i got my ticket for having the tail lights out, and went to get it fixed via warrantee i had on the car. i didnt tell em what i did, i just told em that i woke up and it was like that. they told me that i intentionally made my electrical system like that, and that lots of kids with these hondas configure their electrical systems so that when you push a button, all your exterior lights light up and flash and what not, and i called him bs, and what he was reffering to was what you do when you race and you win. so long story short, i ended up having to pay 400 dollars to fix it cuz i guess by exposing that tiny bit of wire, i caused my electical system to backfeed into itself.

haha same thing happend to my car, cept it was worst. i tried to wire in my city lights on my jdm one piecers, while mildly intoxicated, yet in full knowledge that electical is totally not my thing. lmao. i went to shucks got a whole bucnha wires, male and female connectors, and switches etc. and the guy asked me if i was making a bomb. so anyway, i went online and found out what each color of the wires in my headlights did, so i could attach the city lights to the parking lights. so i exposed the parking light wires, and put some wire from the exposed part to the actual light bulb, and got nothing. i got frustrated, and quit, and was driving home from my friends house, and i get tail gated by a truck and he keeps flashing his hi beams. im thinking wat an ass, and i just happend to pass 3 cops that had pulled over a mustang. get half a mile down the road, and they lit me up like a xmas tree. from merely exposing a small portion of wire, my dashboard lights stopped working. my clock worked, but when i turned on my blinkers it would flash, as well as my dome light. when i turned on either my left or right blinker they would both light up at the same time and flash but never completly dim its like the light pulsated. my parking lights stopped working, and when my headlights were on my brake lights wouldnt work, but when my headlights were off my brake lights would work. eh, so anyway i got my ticket for having the tail lights out, and went to get it fixed via warrantee i had on the car. i didnt tell em what i did, i just told em that i woke up and it was like that. they told me that i intentionally made my electrical system like that, and that lots of kids with these hondas configure their electrical systems so that when you push a button, all your exterior lights light up and flash and what not, and i called him bs, and what he was reffering to was what you do when you race and you win. so long story short, i ended up having to pay 400 dollars to fix it cuz i guess by exposing that tiny bit of wire, i caused my electical system to backfeed into itself.

Thanks for all the input guys but i found the problem. before i decided to get a wiring diagram for my entire lighting eletrical system i friend who is a master mechanic told me to replace the combination switch which turns the headlights on. So i got a $5 switch from the junk yard and put it in and it solved my problem.

Archived